Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » View Icons
View Icons [message #505202] Mon, 28 December 2009 09:56 Go to next message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon Buck
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi All,

I am hoping this is a simple one :) basically I would like to know how
you show the icons that appear on the view tabs all the time, currently
the icons only show when the view is selected...

Thanks
Jon
Re: View Icons [message #505629 is a reply to message #505202] Sun, 03 January 2010 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim Jongman
Messages: 418
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Jon,

They should always appear. When do you set the icon for the view? Do you
specify this in the manifest?

Best regards,

Wim Jongman


> Hi All,
>
> I am hoping this is a simple one :) basically I would like to know how
> you show the icons that appear on the view tabs all the time, currently
> the icons only show when the view is selected...
>
> Thanks
> Jon
Re: View Icons [message #505739 is a reply to message #505629] Mon, 04 January 2010 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon Buck
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hey Wim,

Thanks for your reply, yes the view icons are defined within the views
configuration within the plugin.xml, now when the app loads I have a
number of views that are stacked and only the active view displays it's
icon, the other tabs do not. Looking at eclipse ide all of the view tabs
are showing their icons all the time regardless of whether they are
active or not therefore I would like to know how this is acheived...

Thanks
Jon

On 1/3/2010 4:09 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> They should always appear. When do you set the icon for the view? Do you
> specify this in the manifest?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wim Jongman
>
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am hoping this is a simple one :) basically I would like to know how
>> you show the icons that appear on the view tabs all the time, currently
>> the icons only show when the view is selected...
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jon
Re: View Icons [message #506060 is a reply to message #505739] Tue, 05 January 2010 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim Jongman
Messages: 418
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi John,

The icons should be visible by default. How do you populate your perspective?
Do you use the perspectiveextension extension point?

Best regards,

Wim


> Hey Wim,
>
> Thanks for your reply, yes the view icons are defined within the views
> configuration within the plugin.xml, now when the app loads I have a
> number of views that are stacked and only the active view displays it's
> icon, the other tabs do not. Looking at eclipse ide all of the view tabs
> are showing their icons all the time regardless of whether they are
> active or not therefore I would like to know how this is acheived...
>
> Thanks
> Jon
>
> On 1/3/2010 4:09 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> They should always appear. When do you set the icon for the view? Do you
>> specify this in the manifest?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Wim Jongman
>>
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am hoping this is a simple one :) basically I would like to know how
>>> you show the icons that appear on the view tabs all the time, currently
>>> the icons only show when the view is selected...
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jon
Re: View Icons [message #506081 is a reply to message #506060] Wed, 06 January 2010 02:23 Go to previous message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon Buck
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hey Wim,

Right, the perspective loads a default view and then I use the
perspectiveextension to populate the rest of the view...

Thanks
Jon

On 1/5/2010 4:37 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> The icons should be visible by default. How do you populate your perspective?
> Do you use the perspectiveextension extension point?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wim
>
>
>> Hey Wim,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply, yes the view icons are defined within the views
>> configuration within the plugin.xml, now when the app loads I have a
>> number of views that are stacked and only the active view displays it's
>> icon, the other tabs do not. Looking at eclipse ide all of the view tabs
>> are showing their icons all the time regardless of whether they are
>> active or not therefore I would like to know how this is acheived...
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jon
>>
>> On 1/3/2010 4:09 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
>>> Hi Jon,
>>>
>>> They should always appear. When do you set the icon for the view? Do you
>>> specify this in the manifest?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Wim Jongman
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi All,
>>>>
>>>> I am hoping this is a simple one :) basically I would like to know how
>>>> you show the icons that appear on the view tabs all the time, currently
>>>> the icons only show when the view is selected...
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Jon
Previous Topic:A well architectured open source RCP app?
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Eclipse RCP Export product wizard fails because of conflicting bundles?!
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 02 08:30:24 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01687 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software