Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model?
Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #502095] Sat, 05 December 2009 16:55 Go to next message
Barak  is currently offline Barak Friend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2009
Junior Member
Hi all,

I've been trying to write a simple EVL constraint for a UML 2.1 diagram. For this purpose I followed this tutorial http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/evl-gmf-inte gration/ with slight changes:

First of all, the TIP written at the beginning of the tutorial recommends changing the .gmfgen model configuration if
Quote:
you have not implemented your editor using EuGENia

How do I change these configurations for a UML editor that wasn't implemented by me?

Step 3 - I'm using an EVL constraint which is compatible for the UML meta-model:
context Class {
	critique constraint1 {
		check {
			 'checked'.println();
			 return not(self.name = 'Foo');
		}			  
		message: "problem with class"
	fix { title: "DummyFix" do {} }
	}
}
and added its path to the binary build tab.

Step 4 - I've added the org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.emf.validation extension and created a new constraint binding in it with the following details:

namespaceURI: http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/3.0.0/UML
constraints: the path of the *.evl from Step 3

added the org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution extension and created two markerResolutionGenerator with the following details:

class: org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.emf.validation.EvlMarkerResolutionGe nerator
markerType: org.eclipse.uml2.uml.editor.diagnostic

class: org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.emf.validation.EvlMarkerResolutionGe nerator
markerType: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.diagnostic

Now I opened a new eclipse instance, created in it a UML 2.1 class diagram, drew a class with the name "Foo", saved the diagram, clicked "Validate" and nothing happened (There was nothing new under the "Problems" view and no indication for a constraint violation was shown on the diargram).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #502157 is a reply to message #502095] Sun, 06 December 2009 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitrios Kolovos is currently offline Dimitrios KolovosFriend
Messages: 1776
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Barak,

I've reproduced this. Could you please open a bugzilla to keep track of
this and post the link here?

Cheers,
Dimitris

Barak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to write a simple EVL constraint for a UML 2.1 diagram.
> For this purpose I followed this tutorial
> http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/evl-gmf-inte gration/
> with slight changes:
>
> First of all, the TIP written at the beginning of the tutorial
> recommends changing the .gmfgen model configuration if Quote:
>> you have not implemented your editor using EuGENia
>
> How do I change these configurations for a UML editor that wasn't
> implemented by me?
>
> Step 3 - I'm using an EVL constraint which is compatible for the UML
> meta-model: context Class {
> critique constraint1 {
> check {
> 'checked'.println();
> return not(self.name = 'Foo');
> } message: "problem with class"
> fix { title: "DummyFix" do {} }
> }
> } and added its path to the binary build tab.
>
> Step 4 - I've added the org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.emf.validation extension
> and created a new constraint binding in it with the following details:
>
> namespaceURI: http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/3.0.0/UML constraints: the
> path of the *.evl from Step 3
>
> added the org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution extension and created two
> markerResolutionGenerator with the following details:
>
> class: org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.emf.validation.EvlMarkerResolutionGe
> nerator
> markerType: org.eclipse.uml2.uml.editor.diagnostic
>
> class: org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.emf.validation.EvlMarkerResolutionGe
> nerator
> markerType: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.diagnostic
>
> Now I opened a new eclipse instance, created in it a UML 2.1 class
> diagram, drew a class with the name "Foo", saved the diagram, clicked
> "Validate" and nothing happened (There was nothing new under the
> "Problems" view and no indication for a constraint violation was shown
> on the diargram).
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #502177 is a reply to message #502157] Sun, 06 December 2009 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barak  is currently offline Barak Friend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2009
Junior Member
Sure thing
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297032

hope I opened it in the right place... Confused
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #502180 is a reply to message #502177] Mon, 07 December 2009 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitrios Kolovos is currently offline Dimitrios KolovosFriend
Messages: 1776
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Barak,

Actually the bug should be filed under GMT/Epsilon, not GMF. I
understand all these TLAs can be confusing :) Could you please set the
bug to invalid and create a new one by following this link?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=GMT& component=Epsilon

Cheers,
Dimitris

Barak wrote:
> Sure thing
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297032
>
> hope I opened it in the right place... :?
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #502186 is a reply to message #502180] Mon, 07 December 2009 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barak  is currently offline Barak Friend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2009
Junior Member
Sorry about that...
Here is the new link: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297037
Thanks again!
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #502259 is a reply to message #502186] Mon, 07 December 2009 13:49 Go to previous message
Dimitrios Kolovos is currently offline Dimitrios KolovosFriend
Messages: 1776
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Barak,

On an update to this, the problem seems to be coming from the UML2Tools
side. More specifically, when validation is invoked, UML2Tools seem to
be overriding all other previously registered validators in
EValidator.Registry.INSTANCE with its built-in
org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.common.validation.UML2ToolsValidato r. I'll post
a question to the UML2Tools newsgroup shortly and see what happens...

Cheers,
Dimitris

Barak wrote:
> Sorry about that...
> Here is the new link: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297037
> Thanks again!


--
Spread the word: http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/spreadtheword
Follow Epsilon on Twitter: http://twitter.com/epsilonews
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #583536 is a reply to message #502157] Sun, 06 December 2009 23:37 Go to previous message
Barak  is currently offline Barak Friend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2009
Junior Member
Sure thing
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297032

hope I opened it in the right place... :?
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #583548 is a reply to message #583536] Mon, 07 December 2009 00:51 Go to previous message
Dimitrios Kolovos is currently offline Dimitrios KolovosFriend
Messages: 1776
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Barak,

Actually the bug should be filed under GMT/Epsilon, not GMF. I
understand all these TLAs can be confusing :) Could you please set the
bug to invalid and create a new one by following this link?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=GMT& component=Epsilon

Cheers,
Dimitris

Barak wrote:
> Sure thing
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297032
>
> hope I opened it in the right place... :?
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #583555 is a reply to message #502180] Mon, 07 December 2009 05:24 Go to previous message
Barak  is currently offline Barak Friend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2009
Junior Member
Sorry about that...
Here is the new link: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297037
Thanks again!
Re: Problem using EVL on a UML 2.1 meta-model? [message #583606 is a reply to message #583555] Mon, 07 December 2009 13:49 Go to previous message
Dimitrios Kolovos is currently offline Dimitrios KolovosFriend
Messages: 1776
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Barak,

On an update to this, the problem seems to be coming from the UML2Tools
side. More specifically, when validation is invoked, UML2Tools seem to
be overriding all other previously registered validators in
EValidator.Registry.INSTANCE with its built-in
org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.common.validation.UML2ToolsValidato r. I'll post
a question to the UML2Tools newsgroup shortly and see what happens...

Cheers,
Dimitris

Barak wrote:
> Sorry about that...
> Here is the new link: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=297037
> Thanks again!


--
Spread the word: http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/spreadtheword
Follow Epsilon on Twitter: http://twitter.com/epsilonews
Previous Topic:resolving a reference to an object, instead of obtaining a copy
Next Topic:Java 1.5 Compliance Problem
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 00:26:02 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02525 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software