Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Equinox OSGi container doesn't recognize unix user secondary groups file permissions.
Equinox OSGi container doesn't recognize unix user secondary groups file permissions. [message #501832] Fri, 04 December 2009 00:04
Samy is currently offline SamyFriend
I am Encountering a Unix file permission issue while executing a Java program with in the Equinox container.

My Java program which runs with in Equinox OSGi container unable to create a directory in Solaris file system under a main directory. The user runs the container is granted rwx(read/write/exec) permissions by adding the parent directory group as secondary group additional to the users primary group. It appears the secondary group is not considered for checking the unix file permissions. However if I add the file access group to primary group of the user then it's creating files/directories under the parent directory. Also running a unix/perl script using java RunTime.exec(script) doesn't create a file.

If I run the same java program outside OSGi container as simple standalone java program using the same JRE then it's creating the files/directory. I used the same user which run's the OSGi container with file access group add to the user's secondary group. Looking at this behavior it doesn't seems to be a Java specific issue. Also I could create folder/file in the Solaris filesystem from the unix command prompt using the same user.

I am using java File.mkdir() method to create a directory. By any chance Equinox overides java filesystem native code ?

Java 1.6 is used with Equinox OSGi 3.4 versions in Solaris 10.

Any assistance/comments would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:Bundle version range parser
Next Topic:Best practices for Equinox/p2 on Vista or later
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:08:29 GMT 2024