Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » custom p2 touchpoint actions with a signed update site(I believe there may be a bug in Eclipse when you have multiple custom p2 touchpoint actions and signed JAR files in the update site. Any ideas please?)
icon5.gif  custom p2 touchpoint actions with a signed update site [message #499166] Fri, 20 November 2009 09:01 Go to next message
Eclipse DeveloperFriend
Does anybody know how to get a custom p2 touchpoint install and uninstall action working WITH signed plugin/feature JAR files in the update site?

My situation:

-->one custom p2 touchpoint action, unsigned JAR files - works
-->multiple custom p2 touchpoint actions, unsigned JAR files - works
-->one custom p2 touchpoint action, signed JAR files - works
-->multiple custom p2 touchpoint actions, signed JAR files - Not working as expected - Eclipse wants to first install the plugin which contributes the p2 touchpoint action and then get me to restart and install my feature from the update site again (but why does it work in the case of one custom action, whether it is added to the install OR uninstall phase?)

Any ideas? All I want is a custom install and uninstall action for a feature and i'm using a p2.inf file co-located in the feature which imports the action using "metaRequirements", and another p2.inf file in the META-INF of a plugin which contributes the custom actions using "provides".

I'm sure the syntax is correct because if it was wrong it wouldn't work for both actions with unsigned JAR files or one action and signed JAR files. Right?

Thanks!
Re: custom p2 touchpoint actions with a signed update site [message #499168 is a reply to message #499166] Fri, 20 November 2009 09:09 Go to previous message
Eclipse DeveloperFriend
A little more info:

PLUGIN ONE has a p2.inf file in META-INF as below:

provides.0.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.actions
provides.0.name=my.installAction
provides.0.version=1.0.0

provides.1.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.actions
provides.1.name=my.uninstallAction
provides.1.version=1.0.0

The actions are contributed by the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.actions extension point for the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.osgi touchpoint type in this plugin.

FEATURE ONE has a p2.inf file at the root as below:

metaRequirements.0.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.a ctions
metaRequirements.0.name=my.installAction
metaRequirements.0.range=1.0.0

metaRequirements.1.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.a ctions
metaRequirements.1.name=my.uninstallAction
metaRequirements.1.range=1.0.0

instructions.install=my.installAction();
instructions.uninstall=my.uninstallAction();

NOTE:

I do not use instructions.<phase>.import as I am using fully-qualified names to reference my actions. These work in most conditions, but not all (see the first post).
Previous Topic:Webinar: Cross Platform Development and Testing with Eclipse - Dec. 1
Next Topic:Eclipse DemoCamps, Nov. 29-Dec. 5: Austria, Germany, Hungary, U.S.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:40:01 GMT 2024