Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » custom p2 touchpoint action with signed bundles - please help!(Problem with multiple custom p2 touchpoint actions when using self-signed bundle JARs)
icon9.gif  custom p2 touchpoint action with signed bundles - please help! [message #499081] Thu, 19 November 2009 13:20
Eclipse Developer
I have one plugin which contributes two custom p2 touchpoint actions via extension points and makes them available using a p2.inf file. Basically, one action for installing my feature and one action for uninstalling my feature.

I have a feature which uses a p2.inf file to import these custom p2 touchpoint actions (using metarequirements) and add the install one for the instructions.install phase and the uninstall one for the instructions.uninstall phase. Pretty trivial.

After creating an update site:

- WITHOUT signing any JAR files in the update site, both custom p2 touchpoint actions work (when I install my feature from the site and when I uninstall the feature from Help->About etc). Great.

- when signing all the feature and plugin JAR files with a self-signed keystore I must install the feature twice. First, it seems to install the plugin which holds the custom p2 touchpoint actions. Then I'm asked to restart and after another installation, my custom actions work.

The problem:

If I only specify to use one action (for example instructions.install=fred.wilma()Wink and sign the JAR files then the install works first time and I only need to restart Eclipse once. The minute I use multiple actions with signed JAR files it doesn't work first time and I have to restart Eclipse twice, which is very ugly (why does it work with just one action though?). Each time I test this i'm using a fresh Eclipse install. I have tested both actions so I know the syntax must be correct.

Basically, one custom p2 touchpoint action and singed JAR files work; multiple actions and UNsigned JAR files work; but multiple actions and UNsigned JAR files DO NOT WORK (without restarting Eclipse twice and installing my feature twice).

Am I missing something? This seems very broken/dodgy to me...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic:How to internationalize p2 equinox
Next Topic:OSGI Web Container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 20 12:29:39 EDT 2014