Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » COBOL » COBOL syntax highlighting screwed after using "Free Format"
icon5.gif  COBOL syntax highlighting screwed after using "Free Format" [message #496303] Mon, 09 November 2009 16:28 Go to next message
Vivek Bhat is currently offline Vivek BhatFriend
Hi,

I was just trying to use a COBOL plug-in for writing COBOL programs. The problem is: COBOL Eclipse plug-in does not allow me to write in column 1-7 when "Fixed Format" or "Variable Format" is selected. But syntax is alright then(Just check the comment). But my company's programming standards are such that I have to put some tags in column 1-7. Now if I select "Free Format" it does allow me to write in column 1-7 but all the syntax is screwed. Is there a way I cam fix this on my own?? Like is there a way I can modify "Fixed Format" so that I can write in column 1-7...

Hope someone can help me out on this....

Thanks,
Vivek Bhat
Re: COBOL syntax highlighting screwed after using "Free Format" [message #498243 is a reply to message #496303] Mon, 16 November 2009 07:03 Go to previous message
Tetsuya Suehisa is currently offline Tetsuya SuehisaFriend
Hello Vivek,

Sorry for late reply...

Using "Free format " , though, some tags you wrote in the head of the line(column 1-7) are treated as COBOL program. I suppose there may happen some sort of syntax error in the background parsing so that the syntax highlighting screwed.

regards,
tetsuya
Previous Topic:cobol IDE with mylyn?
Next Topic:StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:06:35 GMT 2024