Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » Using UML2 profile instead of my-own metamodel(Using UML2 profile instead of my-own metamodel)
Using UML2 profile instead of my-own metamodel [message #494570] Sat, 31 October 2009 15:01
Omran  is currently offline Omran Friend
Dear All,

I have successfully created a complete project for QVTO
and Acceleo MTL. I used my own metamodels
for PIM and PSM not the standard OMG UML2 metamodel.
My PIM metamodel contains the new concepts for data warehouseing project, such as FACTclass DWindex class and partition class and others

I need now to redo the project by extending UML2 metamodel using profile extension mechanism. This profile should include all the concepts/stereotypes that I already created in my PIM metamodel.

1) I know how to create the profile, but how to use it with its related UML2 metamodel as a plugin to be accessed by qvto prog.

2)Now I have an exended profile and UML2 metamodel, how my QVTO program will handle these to objects; does QVTO need special types of instruction to handle the extebded UML2 metamodel?

3) Is there step by step instructions that describe How QVTO can be used to acesss an extended UML2 metamodel using a profile.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Omran

[Updated on: Sat, 31 October 2009 15:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:my-own metamodel needs to be used in a Modeling tool
Next Topic:[QVTO] Any Resources for using QVTO with UML Profiles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:16:35 GMT 2024