Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5
IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #493039] Thu, 22 October 2009 19:56 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: runzhou.li.gmail.com

Hi,

I've noticed that IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV is deprecated in 3.5, noted to use
Common Navigator Framework.

What should I do to migrate?

Thank you.
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #493067 is a reply to message #493039] Thu, 22 October 2009 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IV
Messages: 472
Registered: July 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Senior Member
Look in the Common Navigator section in the Platform Plugin Guide in the help, there is a section in there that talks about the migration issues.

Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #493553 is a reply to message #493067] Mon, 26 October 2009 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: runzhou.li.gmail.com

So is there a given standard resource navigator to replace this old one now?
I just want to add it into the perspective and go.

If it's for sure cannot be done without using an extension point, then it's
all fine.

"Francis Upton" <francisu@ieee.org> 写入消息
news:hbqpsq$ojl$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Look in the Common Navigator section in the Platform Plugin Guide in the
> help, there is a section in there that talks about the migration issues.
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #493591 is a reply to message #493553] Tue, 27 October 2009 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prakash G.R. is currently offline Prakash G.R.
Messages: 621
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Runzhou Li wrote:
> So is there a given standard resource navigator to replace this old one
> now? I just want to add it into the perspective and go.

Use Project Explorer.


- Prakash

Platform UI Team, IBM
http://blog.eclipse-tips.com
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #493592 is a reply to message #493067] Tue, 27 October 2009 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prakash G.R. is currently offline Prakash G.R.
Messages: 621
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Francis Upton wrote:
> Look in the Common Navigator section in the Platform Plugin Guide in the
> help, there is a section in there that talks about the migration issues.

Francis,
Would it be better if we update the JavaDoc of the
IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV to use IPageLayout.ID_PROJECT_EXPLORER instead of
that?

- Prakash

Platform UI Team, IBM
http://blog.eclipse-tips.com
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #494257 is a reply to message #493592] Thu, 29 October 2009 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: runzhou.li.gmail.com

In fact, Resource Navigator and Project Explorer have differences, and these
differences are the reasons why I want to user resource navigator.

"Prakash G.R." <grprakash@gmail.com> 写入消息
news:hc61n4$8pu$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Francis Upton wrote:
>> Look in the Common Navigator section in the Platform Plugin Guide in the
>> help, there is a section in there that talks about the migration issues.
>
> Francis,
> Would it be better if we update the JavaDoc of the IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV
> to use IPageLayout.ID_PROJECT_EXPLORER instead of that?
>
> - Prakash
>
> Platform UI Team, IBM
> http://blog.eclipse-tips.com
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #494272 is a reply to message #494257] Thu, 29 October 2009 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remy Suen is currently offline Remy Suen
Messages: 462
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:32:39 -0400, Runzhou Li wrote:
> In fact, Resource Navigator and Project Explorer have differences, and
> these differences are the reasons why I want to user resource navigator.

Well, you're more than welcome to continue to use the RN if it satisfies
your use cases. :)

Regards,
Remy
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #494277 is a reply to message #494272] Thu, 29 October 2009 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: runzhou.li.gmail.com

So it's not as "deprecated" as it sounds? ;)

"Remy Suen" <remysuen@ca.ibm.com> 写入消息
news:hcd08r$79q$1@build.eclipse.org...
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:32:39 -0400, Runzhou Li wrote:
>> In fact, Resource Navigator and Project Explorer have differences, and
>> these differences are the reasons why I want to user resource navigator.
>
> Well, you're more than welcome to continue to use the RN if it satisfies
> your use cases. :)
>
> Regards,
> Remy
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #494278 is a reply to message #494277] Thu, 29 October 2009 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remy Suen is currently offline Remy Suen
Messages: 462
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:00:00 -0400, Runzhou Li wrote:
> So it's not as "deprecated" as it sounds? ;)

Depends how you interpret the term "deprecated". If it works for you keep
using it. Just don't expect new enhancements or speedy fixes for bugs
that are reported.

I use a few outdated/unmaintained programs even though there are other
programs that do the same thing and are maintained. The ones I use now do
what I need it to do so I just keep using it.

Regards,
Remy
Re: IPageLayout.ID_RES_NAV in 3.5 [message #494423 is a reply to message #494278] Fri, 30 October 2009 14:46 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: runzhou.li.gmail.com

I see.

Thank you so much :)

"Remy Suen" <remysuen@ca.ibm.com> 写入消息
news:hcd3h8$79q$3@build.eclipse.org...
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:00:00 -0400, Runzhou Li wrote:
>> So it's not as "deprecated" as it sounds? ;)
>
> Depends how you interpret the term "deprecated". If it works for you keep
> using it. Just don't expect new enhancements or speedy fixes for bugs
> that are reported.
>
> I use a few outdated/unmaintained programs even though there are other
> programs that do the same thing and are maintained. The ones I use now do
> what I need it to do so I just keep using it.
>
> Regards,
> Remy
Previous Topic:Opening CHM help files
Next Topic:Platform hangs on adding dependency to plugin project - 1 files [2/2]
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 16 17:40:58 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02125 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software