Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » HELP - Microsoft SQL Server and Java 1.6 (Snow Leopard)(I need some help)
icon5.gif  HELP - Microsoft SQL Server and Java 1.6 (Snow Leopard) [message #493037] Thu, 22 October 2009 19:46
Adam van den Hoven is currently offline Adam van den HovenFriend
Hey guys,

I need some help fixing my eclipse setup.

Previously I had been running Eclipse on my Mac using Java 1.5 but now that I've upgraded to Snow Leopard the database connections won't work.The drivers I had previously used will not work since they're not for 1.6.

I have connections setup in the Data Source Explorer but the won't connect as is. I get:

Quote:

Could not connect to Development.
Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to Development. (Error: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.)
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.
Error creating JDBC Connection connection to Development. (Error: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.)
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.

Since I have sqljdbc4.jar available on my machine, I've tried pointing the driver definition to the new jar and nothing. I've created new driver definitions with the new jar, and nothing.

I've tried setting up jTDS but I can't figure it out.

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to set this up?

I have jTDS 1.2.2, 1.2.4 as well as sqljdbc 1.2 and 2.0
Previous Topic:unable to deactivate DTP via capabilities in gallileo
Next Topic:HELP - Microsoft SQL Server and Java 1.6 (Snow Leopard)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:08:30 GMT 2024