Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » be able to specify JDBC driver jar w/o adding it to manifest
be able to specify JDBC driver jar w/o adding it to manifest [message #491935] Fri, 16 October 2009 15:34 Go to next message
thomas menzel is currently offline thomas menzelFriend
hi,

from what i understand, it is mandatory that the JDBC driver bundle either needs to be imported or required in the MANIFEST by the bundle using EL.

are there any plans to make this more dynamic? i.e. be able to specify the location of the driver via properties, such there is no need for a user to change the manifest if he chooses to use another JDBC driver/database?

is there a bug/enhancement for this already? i'd be happy to vote on it Wink

thomas menzel aka tom
Re: be able to specify JDBC driver jar w/o adding it to manifest [message #492234 is a reply to message #491935] Mon, 19 October 2009 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

The issue is that the way JDBC is normally used does not really function in an OSGi environment. I think there is some discussion in the OSGi community to define how JDBC should work, such as an OSGi service. In the man time, I'm not sure there is much EclipseLink can do to address this on its own.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: be able to specify JDBC driver jar w/o adding it to manifest [message #492249 is a reply to message #492234] Mon, 19 October 2009 15:11 Go to previous message
thomas menzel is currently offline thomas menzelFriend
ok, thx.
i guess we need to wait for that then.

thomas menzel aka tom
Previous Topic:Related records as a non-entity collection
Next Topic:bizar?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:20:20 GMT 2024