Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [MWE]: NPE in WorkflowRunner#prepare()
[MWE]: NPE in WorkflowRunner#prepare() [message #490881] Mon, 12 October 2009 08:55 Go to next message
Andreas Werner is currently offline Andreas Werner
Messages: 55
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

i'm having trouble with programmatically executing the WorkflowRunner:
When executing this code, i get a NPE:

WorkflowRunner runner = new WorkflowRunner();
runner.prepare(wfFile, new NullProgressMonitor(), properties);

The reson is, that in prepare the method getVersion() is called in which
the MANIFEST.MF file cannot be resolved.

Some weeks ago everything was just fine, so i guess something is wrong with
my setup?

Has anybody an idea to solve this problem?

Kind regards,
Andreas
Re: [MWE]: NPE in WorkflowRunner#prepare() [message #491021 is a reply to message #490881] Mon, 12 October 2009 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian Zarnekow
Messages: 2829
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Andreas,

which version of MWE do you use? Looking at the code, I cannot imagine
#getVersion to ever throw a null pointer exception. It justs logs
something if there is no MANIFEST.MF. Are you talking about the log
output or fails your workflowrunner and does not run the workflow correctly?

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Andreas Werner schrieb:
>
> Hi,
>
> i'm having trouble with programmatically executing the WorkflowRunner:
> When executing this code, i get a NPE:
>
> WorkflowRunner runner = new WorkflowRunner();
> runner.prepare(wfFile, new NullProgressMonitor(), properties);
> The reson is, that in prepare the method getVersion() is called in which
> the MANIFEST.MF file cannot be resolved.
>
> Some weeks ago everything was just fine, so i guess something is wrong
> with my setup?
>
> Has anybody an idea to solve this problem?
>
> Kind regards, Andreas
>
>
Re: [MWE]: NPE in WorkflowRunner#prepare() [message #491378 is a reply to message #491021] Wed, 14 October 2009 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Werner is currently offline Andreas Werner
Messages: 55
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello Sebastian,

I'm using org.eclispe.emf.mwe.* plugins with version 0.7.2 (200908120417).

I think the problem is (not yet tested it), that I use a class in my (generator)
plugin to execute the workflow. This class is used from another plugin (gmf
diagram). So perhaps there could be a class loading issue? What do you think?

Andreas


> Hi Andreas,
>
> which version of MWE do you use? Looking at the code, I cannot imagine
> #getVersion to ever throw a null pointer exception. It justs logs
> something if there is no MANIFEST.MF. Are you talking about the log
> output or fails your workflowrunner and does not run the workflow
> correctly?
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian
> Andreas Werner schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i'm having trouble with programmatically executing the
>> WorkflowRunner: When executing this code, i get a NPE:
>>
>> WorkflowRunner runner = new WorkflowRunner();
>> runner.prepare(wfFile, new NullProgressMonitor(), properties);
>> The reson is, that in prepare the method getVersion() is called in
>> which
>> the MANIFEST.MF file cannot be resolved.
>> Some weeks ago everything was just fine, so i guess something is
>> wrong with my setup?
>>
>> Has anybody an idea to solve this problem?
>>
>> Kind regards, Andreas
>>
Re: [MWE]: NPE in WorkflowRunner#prepare() [message #491690 is a reply to message #491378] Thu, 15 October 2009 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian Zarnekow
Messages: 2829
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Werner,

you're right - it may have something to with classloading ;-)

Does your workflow run as expected besides the log entry or does it fail?

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Andreas Werner schrieb:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> I'm using org.eclispe.emf.mwe.* plugins with version 0.7.2 (200908120417).
>
> I think the problem is (not yet tested it), that I use a class in my
> (generator) plugin to execute the workflow. This class is used from
> another plugin (gmf diagram). So perhaps there could be a class loading
> issue? What do you think?
>
> Andreas
>
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> which version of MWE do you use? Looking at the code, I cannot imagine
>> #getVersion to ever throw a null pointer exception. It justs logs
>> something if there is no MANIFEST.MF. Are you talking about the log
>> output or fails your workflowrunner and does not run the workflow
>> correctly?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sebastian
>> Andreas Werner schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i'm having trouble with programmatically executing the
>>> WorkflowRunner: When executing this code, i get a NPE:
>>>
>>> WorkflowRunner runner = new WorkflowRunner();
>>> runner.prepare(wfFile, new NullProgressMonitor(), properties);
>>> The reson is, that in prepare the method getVersion() is called in
>>> which
>>> the MANIFEST.MF file cannot be resolved.
>>> Some weeks ago everything was just fine, so i guess something is
>>> wrong with my setup?
>>>
>>> Has anybody an idea to solve this problem?
>>>
>>> Kind regards, Andreas
>>>
>
>
Re: [MWE]: NPE in WorkflowRunner#prepare() [message #493480 is a reply to message #491690] Mon, 26 October 2009 13:02 Go to previous message
Andreas Werner is currently offline Andreas Werner
Messages: 55
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello Sebastian,

in the meantime, i reinstalled eclipse and refactored a bit and now it runs
very well...
I don't know how i achieved the erroneous behaviour (I played a bit with
Plugin->RCP->Plugin).

Thanks for your responses anyway,
Andreas ;)

> Hi Werner,
>
> you're right - it may have something to with classloading ;-)
>
> Does your workflow run as expected besides the log entry or does it
> fail?
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian
> Andreas Werner schrieb:
>
>> Hello Sebastian,
>>
>> I'm using org.eclispe.emf.mwe.* plugins with version 0.7.2
>> (200908120417).
>>
>> I think the problem is (not yet tested it), that I use a class in my
>> (generator) plugin to execute the workflow. This class is used from
>> another plugin (gmf diagram). So perhaps there could be a class
>> loading issue? What do you think?
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>>> Hi Andreas,
>>>
>>> which version of MWE do you use? Looking at the code, I cannot
>>> imagine #getVersion to ever throw a null pointer exception. It justs
>>> logs something if there is no MANIFEST.MF. Are you talking about the
>>> log output or fails your workflowrunner and does not run the
>>> workflow correctly?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Sebastian
>>> Andreas Werner schrieb:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> i'm having trouble with programmatically executing the
>>>> WorkflowRunner: When executing this code, i get a NPE:
>>>>
>>>> WorkflowRunner runner = new WorkflowRunner();
>>>> runner.prepare(wfFile, new NullProgressMonitor(), properties);
>>>> The reson is, that in prepare the method getVersion() is called in
>>>> which
>>>> the MANIFEST.MF file cannot be resolved.
>>>> Some weeks ago everything was just fine, so i guess something is
>>>> wrong with my setup?
>>>> Has anybody an idea to solve this problem?
>>>>
>>>> Kind regards, Andreas
>>>>
Previous Topic:Re: How to create an xpand project in galileo
Next Topic:[XPAND] accessing <<FILE ...>> from Java
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Sep 18 05:50:20 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.11388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software