Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Extended Editing Framework (READ ONLY) » EEF questions
EEF questions [message #490602] Fri, 09 October 2009 11:14 Go to next message
Nuno Ferreira is currently offline Nuno FerreiraFriend
Hi,

I've been exploring EEF and some doubts about its features came out.

Is it possible to use the generated widgets without being restricted to the Properties View? For instance, i want to use the widgets on my own editor and when opening a file of the correct type, the widgets are populated.

Another question is related to the widgets. Is it possible to create my own widgets or add other ones? In the "component" file the New Child > Widget menu is deactivated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: EEF questions [message #494132 is a reply to message #490602] Thu, 29 October 2009 10:36 Go to previous message
Stephane Bouchet is currently offline Stephane BouchetFriend
hi Nuno,

comments below,

Sorry for the delay, but this forum is not backed up with newsgroup, and we ( EEF team ) use the EMFT newsgroup ( or forum ) to reply questions.

So please use the emft for your next questions about EEF.

>Hi,

>I've been exploring EEF and some doubts about its features came out.

>Is it possible to use the generated widgets without being restricted to the Properties View? For instance, i want to use the widgets on my own editor and when opening a file of the correct type, the widgets are populated.

You can use the generated widgets in any SWT widgets, but remember that EEF is tiddly linked with EMF and EObjects. for now, there is 2 kinds of widgets, one for properties view ( *.PartForm ) and one for double click on Eobject elements (*.PartImpl)

>Another question is related to the widgets. Is it possible to create my own widgets or add other ones? In the "component" file the New Child > Widget menu is deactivated.

yes, you can create your own widgets to be generated with EEF.
you have to create a new acceleo template to handle it during generation
A documentation will be available to the wiki to achieve this.

for the moment, only the 2 following toolkits models are used:
SWT.toolkit
EMFProperties.toolkit

these models are read-only, but you can create your own one and load it in your component model.

>Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:EFF tutorial?
Next Topic:EEF Tutorial help?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:16:29 GMT 2024