Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » enabledWhen with custom WorkbenchWindowControlContribution
enabledWhen with custom WorkbenchWindowControlContribution [message #489639] Mon, 05 October 2009 12:57 Go to next message
Thomas  ichstädt-Engelen is currently offline Thomas ichstädt-EngelenFriend

Hi,

i've created my own Toolbar-Contribution (a comboBox). I created a new Class 'FileChooser' which extends WorkbenchWindowControlContribution. After changing the combos value a command get's executed. So far so good ...

Now i'd like to control the combo's enablement in the "normal" menu-way by evaluating the enabledWhen tags of the associated Command/Handler combination. I noticed the isEnabled()-method which is never called in the widgets lifecycle unfortunately.

What is the best way to participate in the declarative enableWhen configurationin plugin.xml. Extend another BaseClass (which one?). I didn't find any information regarding that issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thomas E.-E.
Re: enabledWhen with custom WorkbenchWindowControlContribution [message #489653 is a reply to message #489639] Mon, 05 October 2009 13:43 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You want the eclipse Platform or RCP forums.

PW

Previous Topic:Timeline widget
Next Topic:Some widgets display inconsistently in Windows XP and Vista
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:33:48 GMT 2024