Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Refreshing after property change in Properties view
Refreshing after property change in Properties view [message #489299] Fri, 02 October 2009 09:53
Piotr   is currently offline Piotr Friend
Hello,

I have implemented a bunch of objects, which I show under my own file (of custom type) in the Project Explorer view.
To show these objects I use Common Navigator Framework API.

So in the Project Explorer I see this structure:

ProjectName
 |_ myFolder1
    |_ myfile.pg
       |_ Object1 (of type e.g. MyCoolType1)
       |_ Object2 (of type e.g. MyCoolType2)
 |_ ...

Each object (of type MyCoolType*) implements IPropertySource2 and provides its properties which I want the user be able to change in the Properties view.

The problem I can't figure out how to resolve is: how to refresh the tree under "myfile.pg"? I want that after the user changes any property of the Object1 or Object2 the tree (at least these objects) refresh in the tree - the user can change their names or other properties.

The second thing but strongly connected with the previous one is that one of the properties uses ComboBoxPropertyDescriptor and provides a list of all objects under "myfile.pg" to let the user make connections between them. After I add new object or change its name (viewable to the user) I want the list in the ComboBoxPropertyDescriptor change - unfortunately even if I manually call "Refresh" on the "myfile.pg" objects have their Property descriptors created and they don't refresh their LabelOroviders' values...

How can I handle the refresh?
Thanks in advance for your answers and have a nice day.

--
Piotr
Previous Topic:[CVS] merge HEAD to a branch
Next Topic:Plug-in spy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:16:23 GMT 2024