Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to get one command to affect the visibility of another command?
How to get one command to affect the visibility of another command? [message #488428] Mon, 28 September 2009 15:44 Go to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Hi,

I've created two commands using the command framework.
I would like the second command to only be visible when the first command is toggled.

I've gotten very close by using a property tester triggered by the variable "selection". The problem is that when I press the button that triggers the first action, there is no change in selection, so my property tester does not get called. I have to manually change the selection to trigger the visibility to change.

Is there something I can do programatically to get the platform to re-check the visibility requirement of a command so that my property tester gets called when I need?

Thanks

Marc
Re: How to get one command to affect the visibility of another command? [message #488642 is a reply to message #488428] Tue, 29 September 2009 14:53 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

org.eclipse.ui.services.IEvaluationService.requestEvaluation (String) will request a re-evaluation of all expressions using the property.

PW

Previous Topic:Handler Enablement
Next Topic:[Eclipse Live] Galileo in Action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:25:27 GMT 2024