Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » cannot connect to CVS repository
cannot connect to CVS repository [message #487964] Fri, 25 September 2009 02:04 Go to next message
Ravi  is currently offline Ravi
Messages: 4
Registered: September 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
For a BPEL project, I am using Eclipse Ganymede and trying to connect to the CVS repository using following details.

Connection Type : pserver
User :anonymous.
Password : <blank>
Host: dev.eclipse.org
Repository path: /cvsroot/eclipse

I am getting a error message

Error fetching resource list from repository.
Reason:
Could not connect to :pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse:
cannot connect to host: Connection refused: connect.

I would appreciate you help in how do I proceed to get connected to the repository.
Re: cannot connect to CVS repository [message #488054 is a reply to message #487964] Fri, 25 September 2009 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ravi wrote:
> Hi, For a BPEL project, I am using Eclipse Ganymede and trying to
> connect to the CVS repository using following details.
>
> Connection Type : pserver
> User :anonymous.
The user must not end with a dot. Simply paste this into the 'CVS
Repositories' view:
:pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse

Dani
> Password : <blank>
> Host: dev.eclipse.org
> Repository path: /cvsroot/eclipse
>
> I am getting a error message
> Error fetching resource list from repository.
> Reason:
> Could not connect to
> :pserver:mailto:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse:
> cannot connect to host: Connection refused: connect.
>
> I would appreciate you help in how do I proceed to get connected to
> the repository.
>
Re: cannot connect to CVS repository [message #488063 is a reply to message #488054] Fri, 25 September 2009 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse Webmaster is currently offline Eclipse Webmaster
Messages: 443963
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 09/25/2009 08:59 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
> Ravi wrote:
>> Hi, For a BPEL project, I am using Eclipse Ganymede and trying to
>> connect to the CVS repository using following details.
>>
>> Connection Type : pserver
>> User :anonymous.
> The user must not end with a dot. Simply paste this into the 'CVS
> Repositories' view:

Since the error is 'Connection Refused', I doubt the problem is with the
user name.

You may have a firewall that is preventing access to port 2401 on
dev.eclipse.org. If you can open a command prompt, the following
command will be an indicator:

telnet dev.eclipse.org 2401

If you can connect, typing anything followed by (enter) should yield
this message:

cvs [pserver aborted]: bad auth protocol start
Re: cannot connect to CVS repository [message #488076 is a reply to message #488063] Fri, 25 September 2009 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Denis Roy wrote:
> On 09/25/2009 08:59 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
>> Ravi wrote:
>>> Hi, For a BPEL project, I am using Eclipse Ganymede and trying to
>>> connect to the CVS repository using following details.
>>>
>>> Connection Type : pserver
>>> User :anonymous.
>> The user must not end with a dot. Simply paste this into the 'CVS
>> Repositories' view:
>
> Since the error is 'Connection Refused', I doubt the problem is with
> the user name.
Well, it will definitely not work with a "anonymous." ;-)

Dani
>
> You may have a firewall that is preventing access to port 2401 on
> dev.eclipse.org. If you can open a command prompt, the following
> command will be an indicator:
>
> telnet dev.eclipse.org 2401
>
> If you can connect, typing anything followed by (enter) should yield
> this message:
>
> cvs [pserver aborted]: bad auth protocol start
Re: cannot connect to CVS repository [message #488079 is a reply to message #488076] Fri, 25 September 2009 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse Webmaster is currently offline Eclipse Webmaster
Messages: 443963
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 09/25/2009 09:48 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
> Denis Roy wrote:
>> On 09/25/2009 08:59 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
>>> Ravi wrote:
>>>> Hi, For a BPEL project, I am using Eclipse Ganymede and trying to
>>>> connect to the CVS repository using following details.
>>>>
>>>> Connection Type : pserver
>>>> User :anonymous.
>>> The user must not end with a dot. Simply paste this into the 'CVS
>>> Repositories' view:
>>
>> Since the error is 'Connection Refused', I doubt the problem is with
>> the user name.
> Well, it will definitely not work with a "anonymous." ;-)
>
> Dani

Again, if you look closely at his error message, you'll see his username
does not include a "." ;)
Re: cannot connect to CVS repository [message #488090 is a reply to message #488079] Fri, 25 September 2009 10:26 Go to previous message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Denis Roy wrote:
> On 09/25/2009 09:48 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
>> Denis Roy wrote:
>>> On 09/25/2009 08:59 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
>>>> Ravi wrote:
>>>>> Hi, For a BPEL project, I am using Eclipse Ganymede and trying to
>>>>> connect to the CVS repository using following details.
>>>>>
>>>>> Connection Type : pserver
>>>>> User :anonymous.
>>>> The user must not end with a dot. Simply paste this into the 'CVS
>>>> Repositories' view:
>>>
>>> Since the error is 'Connection Refused', I doubt the problem is with
>>> the user name.
>> Well, it will definitely not work with a "anonymous." ;-)
>>
>> Dani
>
> Again, if you look closely at his error message, you'll see his
> username does not include a "." ;)
Indeed :-[

Dani
Previous Topic:No repository found for Galileo
Next Topic:Put breakpoint in *.so fails - "no symbol" , yet objdump shows it?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 20 14:40:55 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01644 seconds