Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace
Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace [message #487379] Tue, 22 September 2009 23:38 Go to next message
Amit Mookerjee is currently offline Amit MookerjeeFriend
Problem markers can only be created for IResource objects. Has any one tried creating problem markers referring to files outside the workspace?

A bit of background to this problem. We have integrated our build tools in eclipse. Some of our tools are written in javascript which we would like to refer to in problem markers.
However, since these tools do not exist inside the workspace we cannot create IResource handles to them and hence the problem.
Re: Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace [message #487380 is a reply to message #487379] Tue, 22 September 2009 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remy Suen is currently offline Remy SuenFriend
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:38:51 -0400, Amit Mookerjee wrote:
> Problem markers can only be created for IResource objects. Has any one
> tried creating problem markers referring to files outside the workspace?

You could try creating the marker on another resource but setting the
path to the physical resource in question.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=22284

Regards,
Remy
Re: Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace [message #487651 is a reply to message #487380] Thu, 24 September 2009 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do I set the path to the physical resource? Do I have to set some attribute in the marker?
Re: Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace [message #487707 is a reply to message #487651] Thu, 24 September 2009 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Amit Mookerjee wrote:
> How do I set the path to the physical resource? Do I have to set some
> attribute in the marker?
Simply define your attribute name and set its value.

Dani
Re: Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace [message #487911 is a reply to message #487707] Thu, 24 September 2009 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>Simply define your attribute name and set its value.
I guess I am missing something here. In the end we want the external file to open up when the user double clicks the marker in the problem view. Is there a way to hook up the double click action to my own function in which I can open the file?

Re: Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace [message #488270 is a reply to message #487911] Sun, 27 September 2009 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hitesh  is currently offline Hitesh Friend
Right now, there is no way of hooking up your own double click action to the view, this would call for yet another extension point, not that it would be a great addition anyway.

You can hook up a command to the view's pop menu and take it from there.
Re: Creating problem markers referring to files outside workspace [message #763058 is a reply to message #488270] Fri, 09 December 2011 04:26 Go to previous message
Scott Ellis is currently offline Scott EllisFriend
Sorry I don't understand exactly what you mean by hooking a command to the Problem View's popup menu. Do you mean making the user right click and select "Go to File" instead of just double clicking?
Previous Topic:Eclipse editor
Next Topic:Lock Lines in TextEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:59:46 GMT 2024