Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Memory Analyzer (MAT) » viewing amount of instances in class histogramm / dominator tree
icon5.gif  viewing amount of instances in class histogramm / dominator tree [message #487155] Tue, 22 September 2009 08:19 Go to next message
riaz  is currently offline riaz Friend
Hi,

i created a heap dump of my application in order to control the amount of objects of a certain class.

The class histogramm view shows 4 objects (I used the fqcn as a regex). If I use the same filter in the dominator tree, I only can see two instances of that particular class. Using OQL in order to display the objects I also get 4 hits.

Can anyone please explain why the dominator tree just shows 2 instances?

Re: viewing amount of instances in class histogramm / dominator tree [message #487716 is a reply to message #487155] Thu, 24 September 2009 08:48 Go to previous message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
Hi,

The filtering in trees in MAT works only on the first level. I suppose that on the roots level of the dominator tree there are only two instances of the class you are interested in. The other two should be somewhere deeper in the tree structure.

The dominator tree contains all the objects of the heap. The information about the children of a node is loaded lazily only when you expand it. Therefore we made the filtering to take into account only the top-level elements, so that we don't traverse all the millions of objects.

Does this answer the question?

regards,
Krum
Previous Topic:java.lang.Integer: 16 bytes or 24?
Next Topic:test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:46:47 GMT 2024