Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Nested syntax coloring - how can it be done?
Nested syntax coloring - how can it be done? [message #481694] Sun, 23 August 2009 17:27 Go to next message
Nicholas  is currently offline Nicholas Friend
Hello all,

I've been trying to implement an editor with syntax coloring for XSLT documents, including syntax coloring for XPath expressions within XML attribute strings.

After taking a long look at partitions and rule based scanners, I understand that it is only possible to create two nested levels (the first the document partitions, the second the tokens of each partition).

An extra nested level is required in order to color the syntax of XPath expressions within XSLT's XML attribute strings. Is this possible? If it is, how would one go about implementing it?

Regards

Nicholas
Re: Nested syntax coloring - how can it be done? [message #482837 is a reply to message #481694] Fri, 28 August 2009 09:52 Go to previous message
Nicholas  is currently offline Nicholas Friend
I'm guessing that the lack of replies indicates that the current system does not permit nested syntax coloring?

If this is the case, it would be interesting to understand how one would go about manually implementing a complete syntax coloring system from the editor plugin template. Where should I start - which methods should I override for example?

Nicholas
Previous Topic:Restrict editing to specific partitions
Next Topic:Basic questions about the Job class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:16:01 GMT 2024