|switching perspective doesn't seem to restore selection variable in Eclipse 3.5 [message #480052]
||Thu, 13 August 2009 15:04
| Philippe Marschall
Registered: July 2009
We are having a strange issue with an enabledWhen of a handler that
works in Eclipse 3.4.2 and doesn't in 3.5.
We have identified the following steps to reproduce it:
- Select an element in view 1 in perspective 1.
- This view has a command with a handler with an enabledWhen that
references the "selection" variable. The enabledWhen checks that only
one element of an expected type is selected. The handler is enabled.
- Switch to perspective 2 and select an element in view 2.
- Switch back to perspective 1.
- The element of view 1 and the view itself are still "visually"
selected (blue background) but the handler is not enabled. Some
debugging seems to suggest that the "selection" source variable is empty.
- If the RCP application loses and gains the focus the handler is
enabled again. The same is true if a different view is selected and view
1 is selected again.
Unfortunately we have not yet been able to come up with a minimal piece
of code that demonstrates the bug. Are you aware of any changes in this
area between Eclipse 3.4.2 and 3.5 or do you have any debugging tips?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01834 seconds