Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BPMN Modeler » general Overview (project current situation)
general Overview (project current situation) [message #4225] Thu, 04 December 2008 06:45 Go to next message
Amjad Adib is currently offline Amjad Adib
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
dear All

sorry for coming late, Recently i become involved in project related of
BPNMN, we aims to build the tool based on the latest OMG
specification,before a weeks OMG published the metamodels but those still
not the last approved versions, i got all the metamodels provided by OMG
as XSD files:

- is those metamodels enough to starting work , after importing them to
eclipse EMF and generating the ecore and java code?

- kindly if there is someone can explain the current situation of the
project, whats achieved and what's still in progress

thank you in advance

amjad,
Re: general Overview (project current situation) [message #4295 is a reply to message #4225] Thu, 04 December 2008 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

Amjad Adib wrote:
> dear All
>
> sorry for coming late, Recently i become involved in project related of
> BPNMN, we aims to build the tool based on the latest OMG
> specification,before a weeks OMG published the metamodels but those
> still not the last approved versions, i got all the metamodels provided
> by OMG as XSD files:
> - is those metamodels enough to starting work , after importing them to
> eclipse EMF and generating the ecore and java code?
>
> - kindly if there is someone can explain the current situation of the
> project, whats achieved and what's still in progress
Hmm, this looks like you just got the latest BPDM xsds.

We don't work with those, however the BPMN2 component of MDT is
developing a meta-model that would be BPMN2 compliant.

We develop a BPMN modeler that was started back in 2006, there was no
serialization format at the time, and are compliant with BPMN 1.0 and
BPMN 1.1. We follow the graphical notation, but we have our own metamodel.

In the future, we will export/import to BPMN2, or we will adopt the
metamodel.

The project is well and alive, and we welcome contributions, thoughts
and comments.

Thanks!

Antoine
Re: general Overview (project current situation) [message #4364 is a reply to message #4295] Thu, 04 December 2008 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amjad Adib is currently offline Amjad Adib
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thank you Antoine for your prompt answer

> Hmm, this looks like you just got the latest BPDM xsds.
i really mean BPMN , please take a look on the link , correct me if i am
wrong
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?bmi/08-11-05

> We don't work with those, however the BPMN2 component of MDT is
> developing a meta-model that would be BPMN2 compliant.
i think that need to re architect the classes of the tool, you need to
import/export any BPMN 2.0 model ( it should follow the metamodle
specification , how you will insure the compatibility and integrity
otherwise!?

> We develop a BPMN modeler that was started back in 2006, there was no
> serialization format at the time, and are compliant with BPMN 1.0 and
> BPMN 1.1. We follow the graphical notation, but we have our own metamodel.
yes you right , there is many tools in the market and internet, but those
tools dosen't follow the specification of 2.0 which can't take the
advantages proposed widely, if you look to the specification document
recently released, transformation and compatibility is recommended based
on the specifications available.

> In the future, we will export/import to BPMN2, or we will adopt the
> metamodel.
i am interesting to see the progress and for cooperation.

> The project is well and alive, and we welcome contributions, thoughts
> and comments.

> Thanks!

> Antoine


thank you,
Re: general Overview (project current situation) [message #4434 is a reply to message #4364] Thu, 04 December 2008 08:43 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

Amjad Adib wrote:
> Thank you Antoine for your prompt answer
>
>> Hmm, this looks like you just got the latest BPDM xsds.
> i really mean BPMN , please take a look on the link , correct me if i am
> wrong
> http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?bmi/08-11-05
>
Looks like a RFP ? Nothing official yet I think, but surely on the right
path. I will take a look later, but I'm fully booked until January already.

Thanks,

Antoine
Previous Topic:BPMN - SVN & Generating Diagram Code
Next Topic:why remove sequence flow's attribute:source
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 17 21:03:13 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01708 seconds