Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » gmfgen problem
gmfgen problem [message #473380] Thu, 13 March 2008 17:55 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.treple.com

Hello

I used one of the uml2tools diagram and I regenerated gmfgen. I set
/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/codegen at template
directory in the gmfgen file, but I got little files, than in the original
case. (I know that we have the original gmfgen in the uml2tools)

What additional set is needed?

Thanks, Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473381 is a reply to message #473380] Fri, 14 March 2008 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Holt,

Did you get little generated *.java files or *gmfgen files? If you got smaller
java files your problem looks very similar to the problem discussed in this
thread:
news://news.eclipse.org/6785c5262da08ca26a1e301ed8c@news.ecl ipse.org
If not, could you please give us details.

Good luck,
Tatiana.

> Hello
>
> I used one of the uml2tools diagram and I regenerated gmfgen. I set
> /org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/codegen at template
> directory in the gmfgen file, but I got little files, than in the
> original case. (I know that we have the original gmfgen in the
> uml2tools)
>
> What additional set is needed?
>
> Thanks, Holt
>
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473382 is a reply to message #473381] Fri, 14 March 2008 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hello,

Yes, I have less java files after generate gmfgen, but the previous link
is not available.
(I use web to read the newsgroup)

Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473383 is a reply to message #473382] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hello,

I find it, but how do I understand this:
'${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-temp lates/gmf-graph'

Some no good possibilities:
${workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/ gmf-graph
$workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/gm f-graph
$D:/Eclipse/workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-t emplates/gmf-graph
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph

Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473384 is a reply to message #473382] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Holt,

Anyway, it was an incorrent link. Sorry for that, the correct one is 'news://news.eclipse.org/fmlptn$p7o$1@build.eclipse.org'.
Try this link, it should work even in web client.
Here is a quotation from that discussion:
"Also, If I check out the code from cvs, I see in DependencyEditHelper.java
(a class for which nothing is generated when I try on my machine) a "@NOT-generated"
comment for the method getConfigureCommand"
Does your situation look like this?
Or are there java files in the repository that weren't generated by your
generator?
Please, give the examples of 'less java files'. It will help you to get an
advice faster.

Best wishes,
Tatiana.

> Hello,
>
> Yes, I have less java files after generate gmfgen, but the previous
> link
> is not available.
> (I use web to read the newsgroup)
> Holt
>
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473385 is a reply to message #473383] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi again Holt,

Both 'D:/Eclipse/workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-t emplates/gmf-graph'
and 'org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/gmf-graph' should work.

Tatiana.

> Hello,
>
> I find it, but how do I understand this:
> '${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-temp lates/gmf-
> graph'
> Some no good possibilities:
> ${workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/ gmf-graph
> $workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/gm f-graph
> $D:/Eclipse/workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-t emplates/g
> mf-graph
> platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-gr
> aph
>
> Holt
>
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473387 is a reply to message #473385] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hello,

Your solution was:
${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templ ates/gmf-graph

I used this:
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph

And there is no entry at the template directory in the gmfgen file.

Why do I have to use workspace instead of plugin and how can use the above
string correct?

Sorry for the stupid question, but the answer would be important

Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473389 is a reply to message #473387] Mon, 17 March 2008 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hi

I use e.g. componentDiagram and generate diagram code from the original
componentDiagram.gmfgen
I get 219 files in the src folder

Now I delete componentDiagram.gmfgen and create generator model from the
original componentDiagram.gmfmap using
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph
at the last page of the wizard
I get 210 files in the src folder
if I do not set dynamic-templates I also get 210 files

regards
Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473391 is a reply to message #473387] Thu, 20 March 2008 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Holt,

> Your solution was:
> ${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templ ates/gmf-graph
> I used this:
> platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph
And it worked, isn't it? Dynamic templates were taken from the platform.

> And there is no entry at the template directory in the gmfgen file.
Dynamic templates for the code generation are specified at GenEditorGenerator
element in *.gmfgen. For UML2Tools diagrams this is:
dynamicTemplates="true"
templateDirectory="/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/codegen "

Best wishes,
Tatiana.
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473392 is a reply to message #473389] Thu, 20 March 2008 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Holt,

Did you take a look at problem described at news://news.eclipse.org/fmlptn$p7o$1@build.eclipse.org
Your problem looks very similar to that one.

Thanks,
Tatiana.

> Hi
>
> I use e.g. componentDiagram and generate diagram code from the
> original
> componentDiagram.gmfgen
> I get 219 files in the src folder
> Now I delete componentDiagram.gmfgen and create generator model from
> the
> original componentDiagram.gmfmap using
> platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-gr
> aph
> at the last page of the wizard
> I get 210 files in the src folder
> if I do not set dynamic-templates I also get 210 files
> regards
> Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #473395 is a reply to message #473391] Fri, 21 March 2008 07:58 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Holt.yahoo.com

Hello Tatiana,

I have GMF-sdk-2.1M5.zip with GMF-base-2.1M5.zip
I also have mdt-uml2tools-SDK-incubation-0.8.0M5.zip with
mdt-uml2-SDK-2.2.0M5.zip

use the original componentDiagram.gmfgen
got 282 files

use componentDiagram.gmfmap with create genarator model
got 273 files

in the wizard
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph
also 273 files

set org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/codegen with true
also 273 files

other dependencies or settings is also need?

****

other question:

using 'generate uml2tools diagram'
got:
"errors while generating code
reason - unexpected state came across, have no idea how to deal with that
Unexpected state came across, have no idea how to deal with that
org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.expression.EvaluationExceptio n: No
Definition
xpt::actions::ChangeNotationContributionItemProvider::qualif iedClassName
for GenTopLevelNode could be found!"
also have 282 files in this way, than using simply 'generate diagram code'

****

I tried another verion of gmf and uml2tools too

Best wishes,
Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618504 is a reply to message #473380] Fri, 14 March 2008 09:23 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Holt,

Did you get little generated *.java files or *gmfgen files? If you got smaller
java files your problem looks very similar to the problem discussed in this
thread:
news://news.eclipse.org/6785c5262da08ca26a1e301ed8c@news.ecl ipse.org
If not, could you please give us details.

Good luck,
Tatiana.

> Hello
>
> I used one of the uml2tools diagram and I regenerated gmfgen. I set
> /org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/codegen at template
> directory in the gmfgen file, but I got little files, than in the
> original case. (I know that we have the original gmfgen in the
> uml2tools)
>
> What additional set is needed?
>
> Thanks, Holt
>
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618508 is a reply to message #473381] Fri, 14 March 2008 14:18 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hello,

Yes, I have less java files after generate gmfgen, but the previous link
is not available.
(I use web to read the newsgroup)

Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618510 is a reply to message #473382] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:13 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hello,

I find it, but how do I understand this:
'${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-temp lates/gmf-graph'

Some no good possibilities:
${workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/ gmf-graph
$workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/gm f-graph
$D:/Eclipse/workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-t emplates/gmf-graph
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph

Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618631 is a reply to message #473382] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:29 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Holt,

Anyway, it was an incorrent link. Sorry for that, the correct one is 'news://news.eclipse.org/fmlptn$p7o$1@build.eclipse.org'.
Try this link, it should work even in web client.
Here is a quotation from that discussion:
"Also, If I check out the code from cvs, I see in DependencyEditHelper.java
(a class for which nothing is generated when I try on my machine) a "@NOT-generated"
comment for the method getConfigureCommand"
Does your situation look like this?
Or are there java files in the repository that weren't generated by your
generator?
Please, give the examples of 'less java files'. It will help you to get an
advice faster.

Best wishes,
Tatiana.

> Hello,
>
> Yes, I have less java files after generate gmfgen, but the previous
> link
> is not available.
> (I use web to read the newsgroup)
> Holt
>
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618633 is a reply to message #473383] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:30 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi again Holt,

Both 'D:/Eclipse/workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-t emplates/gmf-graph'
and 'org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/gmf-graph' should work.

Tatiana.

> Hello,
>
> I find it, but how do I understand this:
> '${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-temp lates/gmf-
> graph'
> Some no good possibilities:
> ${workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/ gmf-graph
> $workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/gm f-graph
> $D:/Eclipse/workspace/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-t emplates/g
> mf-graph
> platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-gr
> aph
>
> Holt
>
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618636 is a reply to message #473385] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:54 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hello,

Your solution was:
${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templ ates/gmf-graph

I used this:
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph

And there is no entry at the template directory in the gmfgen file.

Why do I have to use workspace instead of plugin and how can use the above
string correct?

Sorry for the stupid question, but the answer would be important

Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618639 is a reply to message #473387] Mon, 17 March 2008 08:24 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: holt.yahoo.com

Hi

I use e.g. componentDiagram and generate diagram code from the original
componentDiagram.gmfgen
I get 219 files in the src folder

Now I delete componentDiagram.gmfgen and create generator model from the
original componentDiagram.gmfmap using
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph
at the last page of the wizard
I get 210 files in the src folder
if I do not set dynamic-templates I also get 210 files

regards
Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618640 is a reply to message #473387] Thu, 20 March 2008 20:36 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Holt,

> Your solution was:
> ${your-workspace}/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templ ates/gmf-graph
> I used this:
> platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph
And it worked, isn't it? Dynamic templates were taken from the platform.

> And there is no entry at the template directory in the gmfgen file.
Dynamic templates for the code generation are specified at GenEditorGenerator
element in *.gmfgen. For UML2Tools diagrams this is:
dynamicTemplates="true"
templateDirectory="/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/codegen "

Best wishes,
Tatiana.
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618641 is a reply to message #473389] Thu, 20 March 2008 20:39 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Holt,

Did you take a look at problem described at news://news.eclipse.org/fmlptn$p7o$1@build.eclipse.org
Your problem looks very similar to that one.

Thanks,
Tatiana.

> Hi
>
> I use e.g. componentDiagram and generate diagram code from the
> original
> componentDiagram.gmfgen
> I get 219 files in the src folder
> Now I delete componentDiagram.gmfgen and create generator model from
> the
> original componentDiagram.gmfmap using
> platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-gr
> aph
> at the last page of the wizard
> I get 210 files in the src folder
> if I do not set dynamic-templates I also get 210 files
> regards
> Holt
Re: gmfgen problem [message #618642 is a reply to message #473391] Fri, 21 March 2008 07:58 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Holt.yahoo.com

Hello Tatiana,

I have GMF-sdk-2.1M5.zip with GMF-base-2.1M5.zip
I also have mdt-uml2tools-SDK-incubation-0.8.0M5.zip with
mdt-uml2-SDK-2.2.0M5.zip

use the original componentDiagram.gmfgen
got 282 files

use componentDiagram.gmfmap with create genarator model
got 273 files

in the wizard
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templa tes/gmf-graph
also 273 files

set org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def/dynamic-templates/codegen with true
also 273 files

other dependencies or settings is also need?

****

other question:

using 'generate uml2tools diagram'
got:
"errors while generating code
reason - unexpected state came across, have no idea how to deal with that
Unexpected state came across, have no idea how to deal with that
org.eclipse.gmf.internal.xpand.expression.EvaluationExceptio n: No
Definition
xpt::actions::ChangeNotationContributionItemProvider::qualif iedClassName
for GenTopLevelNode could be found!"
also have 282 files in this way, than using simply 'generate diagram code'

****

I tried another verion of gmf and uml2tools too

Best wishes,
Holt
Previous Topic:gmfgen problem
Next Topic:UML extension and visualisation
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 04:10:49 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04766 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software