Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UMLX » Welcome to eclipse.umlx
Re: Welcome to eclipse.umlx [message #468658 is a reply to message #468652] Wed, 21 January 2009 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Morris is currently offline Tom Morris
Messages: 89
Registered: July 2009
Member
webmaster@eclipse.org wrote:
> The folks who requested this newsgroup will post a welcome message shortly, explaining what this exciting new group is all about. In the meanwhile, here is some more information about the Eclipse newsgroups:

Ed Willink posted in December that "UMLX is for discussion concerning
the UMLX graphical model transformation language.

Can anyone expand on that and say more about what this "exciting new
group" is about? A web/wiki link would be great as well.

Tom
Re: Welcome to eclipse.umlx [message #468662 is a reply to message #468658] Wed, 21 January 2009 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4097
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Tom

> Can anyone expand on that and say more about what this "exciting new
> group" is about? A web/wiki link would be great as well.

[It came as complete surpise to me that this research project was
given its own newsgroup, when other projects struggle with overloaded
[xxx] prefixes.]

UMLX is a graphical transformation language that is intended to be
transformable to and interchangeable with the QVT Relations
textual transformation language. I have been working on this on and
off for some years in my own time. A list of papers may be found at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/gmt-home/doc/um lx/index.html.

Provision of support for UMLX has taken me along many sidelines so you
may find many UMLX-inspired contributions in MDT/OCL and M2M/QVT
Declarative and M2M/QVT OML. These resolve problems of model access,
OCL re-use, QVTr, QVTc parsing, OCL/QVTc/QVTr/KM3 editing, multi-sheet
editing.

Sadly I do not get enough time to work on the graphics which is my
primary goal.

Yes there really should be a Wiki. One day.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Welcome to eclipse.umlx [message #468665 is a reply to message #468662] Mon, 26 January 2009 19:37 Go to previous message
Tom Morris is currently offline Tom Morris
Messages: 89
Registered: July 2009
Member
Ed Willink wrote:

> UMLX is a graphical transformation language that is intended to be
> transformable to and interchangeable with the QVT Relations
> textual transformation language. I have been working on this on and
> off for some years in my own time. A list of papers may be found at
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/gmt-home/doc/um lx/index.html.

Cool! That's plenty to get me started.

Tom
Re: Welcome to eclipse.umlx [message #562266 is a reply to message #468652] Wed, 21 January 2009 18:00 Go to previous message
Tom Morris is currently offline Tom Morris
Messages: 89
Registered: July 2009
Member
webmaster@eclipse.org wrote:
> The folks who requested this newsgroup will post a welcome message shortly, explaining what this exciting new group is all about. In the meanwhile, here is some more information about the Eclipse newsgroups:

Ed Willink posted in December that "UMLX is for discussion concerning
the UMLX graphical model transformation language.

Can anyone expand on that and say more about what this "exciting new
group" is about? A web/wiki link would be great as well.

Tom
Re: Welcome to eclipse.umlx [message #562285 is a reply to message #468658] Wed, 21 January 2009 20:19 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4097
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Tom

> Can anyone expand on that and say more about what this "exciting new
> group" is about? A web/wiki link would be great as well.

[It came as complete surpise to me that this research project was
given its own newsgroup, when other projects struggle with overloaded
[xxx] prefixes.]

UMLX is a graphical transformation language that is intended to be
transformable to and interchangeable with the QVT Relations
textual transformation language. I have been working on this on and
off for some years in my own time. A list of papers may be found at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/gmt-home/doc/um lx/index.html

Provision of support for UMLX has taken me along many sidelines so you
may find many UMLX-inspired contributions in MDT/OCL and M2M/QVT
Declarative and M2M/QVT OML. These resolve problems of model access,
OCL re-use, QVTr, QVTc parsing, OCL/QVTc/QVTr/KM3 editing, multi-sheet
editing.

Sadly I do not get enough time to work on the graphics which is my
primary goal.

Yes there really should be a Wiki. One day.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Welcome to eclipse.umlx [message #562307 is a reply to message #468662] Mon, 26 January 2009 19:37 Go to previous message
Tom Morris is currently offline Tom Morris
Messages: 89
Registered: July 2009
Member
Ed Willink wrote:

> UMLX is a graphical transformation language that is intended to be
> transformable to and interchangeable with the QVT Relations
> textual transformation language. I have been working on this on and
> off for some years in my own time. A list of papers may be found at
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/gmt-home/doc/um lx/index.html

Cool! That's plenty to get me started.

Tom
Previous Topic:Is there anybody who use Papyrus UML?
Next Topic:How to identify Exclusive and combined Enumeration in UML2.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 25 07:16:01 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02075 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software