Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT.Modify and SWT.Verify event for Spinner
SWT.Modify and SWT.Verify event for Spinner [message #466705] Sat, 14 January 2006 01:03 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: venkateshkv.yahoo.com

The new Spinner widget in Eclipse 3.1.1 is sending SWT.Modify and
SWT.Verify event even when it lose focus. Also, while modifying Spinner
widget is sending SWT.Modify event twice. Did anybody experience this
behaviour?

Thanks.
Re: SWT.Modify and SWT.Verify event for Spinner [message #466706 is a reply to message #466705] Sat, 14 January 2006 01:37 Go to previous message
Daniel Spiewak is currently offline Daniel SpiewakFriend
I've noticed this for other widgets (such as Text) in different situations. My current theory is that it's probably a function of the underlying native event model which, depending on the platform, is firing multiple events which SWT then translates into two firings of the SWT.Modify event. In my experience, this only happens on Windows and it's much less redundant on GTK and Carbon. They only thing that I've been able to do about it is either to track the number of events fired manually and simply ignore the first one (I think it's the first one that's the dummy...) This is a pretty bad solution though and is liable to break with the next incarnation of SWT / Windows. I guess the only real solution is to write event handling code that's generic and fast enough that it doesn't cause a problem to be called twice for each 'real' event.
Previous Topic:How to get both SWT and my own native libraries in Eclipse Run...
Next Topic:SWT and WebStart (1.5.0-b64)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:44:31 GMT 2024