Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Real-Time Software Components (RTSC) » compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2
compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3958] Tue, 16 June 2009 04:26 Go to next message
olivier Paviot is currently offline olivier Paviot
Messages: 12
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I'm running the "RTSC Module Primer" tutorial.

Lesson0 and Lesson1 are OK.

When compiling Lesson2 (and Lesson3) with "gmake all", I get the following
message:

/*********************************************************** **********************/
C:\userData\rtsc\examples\lesson2>gmake clean
C:/CCStudio_v4.0/xdctools_3_15_00_13/bin/rm -rf cfgsite *.obj *.out

C:\userData\rtsc\examples\lesson2>gmake all
C:/CCStudio_v4.0/xdctools_3_15_00_13/xs xdc.tools.configuro -c
C:/CCStudio_v4.0/CCSv4/tools/compiler/c6000_6_1_6 -t ti.targets.C64P -p
ti.platforms.sim64Pxx -o
cfgsite prog.cfg
making package.mak (because of package.bld) ...
generating interfaces for package cfgsite (because package/package.xdc.inc
is older than package.xdc) ...
configuring prog.x64P from package/cfg/prog_x64P.cfg ...
cl64P package/cfg/prog_x64P.c ...
"package/cfg/prog_x64P.c", line 527: error:
"acme_utils_Bench_Module_State" has already been declared in the current
scope

"package/cfg/prog_x64P.c", line 534: error: declaration is incompatible
with "struct acme_utils_Bench_Module_State__
acme_utils_Bench_Module__state__V" (declared at line 280 of
"C:/userData/rtsc/examples/acme/utils/Bench.h")>> Compilation failure

2 errors detected in the compilation of "package/cfg/prog_x64P.c".
gmake.exe: *** [package/cfg/prog_x64P.o64P] Error 1
js: " C:/CCStudio_v4.0/xdctools_3_15_00_13/packages/xdc/tools/Cmdr .xs ",
line 40:
Error: xdc.tools.configuro: configuration failed due to earlier errors
(status = 2); 'linker.cmd' deleted.
gmake: *** [cfgsite/compiler.opt] Error 1

C:\userData\rtsc\examples\lesson2>
/*********************************************************** ******************/

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,

have a good day.

Br,

Olivier
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3969 is a reply to message #3958] Tue, 16 June 2009 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Zoufal is currently offline Andreas Zoufal
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I use CCS 3.3 but I had a similar problem. The solution was to compile the
Bench project itself before compiling the lesson. And for lesson 3 the
RandGen project.
Andi
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3974 is a reply to message #3969] Tue, 16 June 2009 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olivier Paviot is currently offline olivier Paviot
Messages: 12
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your answer, I'll try your option to bypass the issue and
continue on the trainings.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to really understand where the issue comes
from ...

Br,

Olivier
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3979 is a reply to message #3974] Tue, 16 June 2009 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olivier Paviot is currently offline olivier Paviot
Messages: 12
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Andy,

it worked with your proposal.

I had in mind that "gmake all" would rebuild the "Bench" module ... maybe
there is something here I've misunderstood ... I need to revisit the
concepts of packages and modules in RTSC ...

Thanks,

Br,

Olivier
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3985 is a reply to message #3979] Tue, 16 June 2009 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Zoufal is currently offline Andreas Zoufal
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I fell into the same pit. I thought Bench is pre-compiled in the ZIP file,
but obviously it was not.

Andi

----

olivier Paviot wrote:

> Hi Andy,

> it worked with your proposal.

> I had in mind that "gmake all" would rebuild the "Bench" module ... maybe
> there is something here I've misunderstood ... I need to revisit the
> concepts of packages and modules in RTSC ...

> Thanks,

> Br,

> Olivier
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3991 is a reply to message #3985] Tue, 16 June 2009 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olivier Paviot is currently offline olivier Paviot
Messages: 12
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I agree with you but why is it not able to recompile the package on the
fly at the same time it builds the main project ... ? Is it something
related to project/package dependencies ... ?
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3995 is a reply to message #3991] Tue, 16 June 2009 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Zoufal is currently offline Andreas Zoufal
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I guess it is not the intention of the build process for lesson 2 to
complie "Bench". For this example, Bench should be like a precompiled, 3rd
party library (IMHO).

olivier Paviot wrote:

> I agree with you but why is it not able to recompile the package on the
> fly at the same time it builds the main project ... ? Is it something
> related to project/package dependencies ... ?
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #3998 is a reply to message #3995] Tue, 16 June 2009 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olivier Paviot is currently offline olivier Paviot
Messages: 12
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
yep, the complete answer is probably later in the tutorials. Anyway,
thanks for your help andy :)
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #4152 is a reply to message #3958] Tue, 16 June 2009 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: bob.biosbob.biz

it looks like you are using a "pre-release" of xdctools 3.15, which you
may have received in some beta of CCS4

i would recommend downloading the "latest" xdctools 3.15 referenced via
the link in lesson 0....

the examples -- which *are* prebuilt -- were built with 3.15.00.33...
you should use this (or a later!!) version of the tools....

i'll update lesson 0 itself to state this dependency....

my recommendation is that you update to 3.15.00.50, which is the "real"
3.15 release from what i understand; it should be compatible with the
pre-built examples....


olivier Paviot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running the "RTSC Module Primer" tutorial.
>
> Lesson0 and Lesson1 are OK.
>
> When compiling Lesson2 (and Lesson3) with "gmake all", I get the
> following message:
>
> /*********************************************************** **********************/
>
> C:\userData\rtsc\examples\lesson2>gmake clean
> C:/CCStudio_v4.0/xdctools_3_15_00_13/bin/rm -rf cfgsite *.obj *.out
>
> C:\userData\rtsc\examples\lesson2>gmake all
> C:/CCStudio_v4.0/xdctools_3_15_00_13/xs xdc.tools.configuro -c
> C:/CCStudio_v4.0/CCSv4/tools/compiler/c6000_6_1_6 -t ti.targets.C64P -p
> ti.platforms.sim64Pxx -o
> cfgsite prog.cfg
> making package.mak (because of package.bld) ...
> generating interfaces for package cfgsite (because
> package/package.xdc.inc is older than package.xdc) ...
> configuring prog.x64P from package/cfg/prog_x64P.cfg ...
> cl64P package/cfg/prog_x64P.c ...
> "package/cfg/prog_x64P.c", line 527: error:
> "acme_utils_Bench_Module_State" has already been declared in the current
> scope
>
> "package/cfg/prog_x64P.c", line 534: error: declaration is incompatible
> with "struct acme_utils_Bench_Module_State__
> acme_utils_Bench_Module__state__V" (declared at line 280 of
> "C:/userData/rtsc/examples/acme/utils/Bench.h")>> Compilation failure
>
> 2 errors detected in the compilation of "package/cfg/prog_x64P.c".
> gmake.exe: *** [package/cfg/prog_x64P.o64P] Error 1
> js: " C:/CCStudio_v4.0/xdctools_3_15_00_13/packages/xdc/tools/Cmdr .xs ",
> line 40:
> Error: xdc.tools.configuro: configuration failed due to earlier errors
> (status = 2); 'linker.cmd' deleted.
> gmake: *** [cfgsite/compiler.opt] Error 1
>
> C:\userData\rtsc\examples\lesson2>
> /*********************************************************** ******************/
>
>
> Any idea what could be the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> have a good day.
>
> Br,
>
> Olivier
>
Re: compilation error in "RTSC Module Primer" Lesson2 [message #4363 is a reply to message #4152] Wed, 17 June 2009 03:30 Go to previous message
olivier Paviot is currently offline olivier Paviot
Messages: 12
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Bob,

thanks for your explanation. This fully explains the issue.

Have a good day,

Br,

Olivier
Previous Topic:RTSC Module Primer / Lesson 0+1 Examples / Windows Double-Quotes
Next Topic:Configuro Output
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 29 08:15:14 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02224 seconds