Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » highlight elements in code editor
highlight elements in code editor [message #44817] Wed, 05 March 2008 09:08 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: xxx.xxx.no

When an element in my code editor becomes interesting enough, it is
assigned a landmark and that element in the code is highlighted.
Unfortunately, the hightlight color scheme does not work well with my java
editor's colour settings. I cannot see the text hightlighted because they
are the same colour.

I have tried changing every colour setting under preferences but I cannot
change the highlight colour. This is not a problem with mylyn deactivated.

Question: Is it possible to change the highlight colour and how?

thanks Neil
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #44942 is a reply to message #44817] Fri, 07 March 2008 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: beatmik.acm.org

Hi Neil,

We don't set a higlight color for landmarks by default since there is a
considerable amount of coloring in the Java editor already. However,
you can configure the background color for landmarks via Window ->
Preferences -> General -> Editors -> Text Editors -> Annotations.

Cheers,

Mik

Neil wrote:
> When an element in my code editor becomes interesting enough, it is
> assigned a landmark and that element in the code is highlighted.
> Unfortunately, the hightlight color scheme does not work well with my
> java editor's colour settings. I cannot see the text hightlighted
> because they are the same colour.
>
> I have tried changing every colour setting under preferences but I
> cannot change the highlight colour. This is not a problem with mylyn
> deactivated.
>
> Question: Is it possible to change the highlight colour and how?
>
> thanks Neil
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #44990 is a reply to message #44942] Fri, 07 March 2008 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: neil.harrison.xxx.com

Many thanks Mik
Great. That fixed that.
It was one of those preferences I had not thought about clicking in.
Neil
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #45080 is a reply to message #44990] Sat, 08 March 2008 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik Kersten
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Would be great if you could add an entry to the FAQ to help others with
a similar use case.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn_FAQ

Cheers,

Mik

Neil wrote:
> Many thanks Mik
> Great. That fixed that. It was one of those preferences I had not
> thought about clicking in.
> Neil
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #45607 is a reply to message #44942] Thu, 13 March 2008 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: sean.stilogic.com

I have a corollary question: how can I change the color of the Landmark
foreground? I use high-contrast black for my screen colors and the
Landmarks look like they are bold and very close to black or actually
black, which makes them very hard for me to see. I had already found my
way to the background color setting. I looked in the FAQ but I didn't see
either question covered.

I'll be more than happy to add the previous solution and if it exists, the
solution to my question. Has anyone else already added the previous
solution to the FAQ and I just missed it?

Thanks for any help -
Sean
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #47073 is a reply to message #45607] Tue, 15 April 2008 16:16 Go to previous message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik Kersten
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Sean,

I added a short section on how to do this to the User Guide. Please
feel free to expand on it. Note that to do this you would want to
change the Java Editor font color.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_User_Guide#UI_Settings

Mik

Sean wrote:
> I have a corollary question: how can I change the color of the Landmark
> foreground? I use high-contrast black for my screen colors and the
> Landmarks look like they are bold and very close to black or actually
> black, which makes them very hard for me to see. I had already found my
> way to the background color setting. I looked in the FAQ but I didn't
> see either question covered.
>
> I'll be more than happy to add the previous solution and if it exists,
> the solution to my question. Has anyone else already added the previous
> solution to the FAQ and I just missed it?
>
> Thanks for any help -
> Sean
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #588347 is a reply to message #44817] Fri, 07 March 2008 05:23 Go to previous message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik Kersten
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Neil,

We don't set a higlight color for landmarks by default since there is a
considerable amount of coloring in the Java editor already. However,
you can configure the background color for landmarks via Window ->
Preferences -> General -> Editors -> Text Editors -> Annotations.

Cheers,

Mik

Neil wrote:
> When an element in my code editor becomes interesting enough, it is
> assigned a landmark and that element in the code is highlighted.
> Unfortunately, the hightlight color scheme does not work well with my
> java editor's colour settings. I cannot see the text hightlighted
> because they are the same colour.
>
> I have tried changing every colour setting under preferences but I
> cannot change the highlight colour. This is not a problem with mylyn
> deactivated.
>
> Question: Is it possible to change the highlight colour and how?
>
> thanks Neil
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #588364 is a reply to message #44942] Fri, 07 March 2008 10:23 Go to previous message
Neil is currently offline Neil
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Many thanks Mik
Great. That fixed that.
It was one of those preferences I had not thought about clicking in.
Neil
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #588390 is a reply to message #44990] Sat, 08 March 2008 00:25 Go to previous message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik Kersten
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Would be great if you could add an entry to the FAQ to help others with
a similar use case.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn_FAQ

Cheers,

Mik

Neil wrote:
> Many thanks Mik
> Great. That fixed that. It was one of those preferences I had not
> thought about clicking in.
> Neil
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #588554 is a reply to message #44942] Thu, 13 March 2008 22:37 Go to previous message
Sean is currently offline Sean
Messages: 20
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I have a corollary question: how can I change the color of the Landmark
foreground? I use high-contrast black for my screen colors and the
Landmarks look like they are bold and very close to black or actually
black, which makes them very hard for me to see. I had already found my
way to the background color setting. I looked in the FAQ but I didn't see
either question covered.

I'll be more than happy to add the previous solution and if it exists, the
solution to my question. Has anyone else already added the previous
solution to the FAQ and I just missed it?

Thanks for any help -
Sean
Re: highlight elements in code editor [message #589078 is a reply to message #45607] Tue, 15 April 2008 16:16 Go to previous message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik Kersten
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Sean,

I added a short section on how to do this to the User Guide. Please
feel free to expand on it. Note that to do this you would want to
change the Java Editor font color.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_User_Guide#UI_Settings

Mik

Sean wrote:
> I have a corollary question: how can I change the color of the Landmark
> foreground? I use high-contrast black for my screen colors and the
> Landmarks look like they are bold and very close to black or actually
> black, which makes them very hard for me to see. I had already found my
> way to the background color setting. I looked in the FAQ but I didn't
> see either question covered.
>
> I'll be more than happy to add the previous solution and if it exists,
> the solution to my question. Has anyone else already added the previous
> solution to the FAQ and I just missed it?
>
> Thanks for any help -
> Sean
Previous Topic:Use mylin with PDT for php-development
Next Topic:Mylyn and Navigator View
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Sep 17 07:41:06 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.10745 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software