Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EPF » 1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) [message #44074] Mon, 15 October 2007 11:11 Go to next message
Darren Bell is currently offline Darren BellFriend
Messages: 17
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I get

!SESSION 2007-10-15 11:51:05.966
-----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_02
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_GB
Framework arguments: -defaultlibrary OpenUP
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -data
@user.home/EPF/workspace.1201 -defaultlibrary OpenUP

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-10-15 11:51:12.473
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3346 or swt-gtk in
swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:21 9)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:15 1)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:21)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java: 63)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java: 54)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:128)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.ja va:482)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
at org.eclipse.epf.rcp.ui.MainApplication.start(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:153)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:363)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:176)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)


Now, i've tried adding libswt-gtk-3346.so to LD)LIBRARY_PATH and copying
into /usr/local/lib, but none of these work.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

--
Darren.
Re: 1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) [message #44107 is a reply to message #44074] Mon, 15 October 2007 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: storaskar.xx.xxx.xxx

This error seems to indicate that you are missing swt-gtk-3346.so

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3346 or swt-gtk in
swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file

But looks like you have pointed that in LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc.
Then it could be java version. I noticed you are using JVM 1.6.
We are not tested on 1.6, Pls. try it with 1.5.

Hope that helps
--
Shilpa Toraskar
Re: 1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) [message #52063 is a reply to message #44074] Thu, 17 July 2008 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Tippetts is currently offline Mark TippettsFriend
Messages: 25
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hey Darren,

I don't know if you ever got this working, but I had the same problem on
Ubuntu 8.04. Here's the solution I found, quite by accident, while
reading the <a href=http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn/
User_Guide#Browser_issues>Mylyn User Guide</a>:

1. Install Seamonkey, by doing a search from "Add/Remove Programs."
I already had xulrunner and Firefox installed, but none of /usr/lib/
xulrunner, /usr/lib/mozilla or /usr/lib/firefox worked for
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME. /usr/lib/seamonkey does the trick.

2. Run EPF from a shell script, like so:

#!/usr/bin/bash

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/seamonkey
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
../epf

<<EOF

3. To test to see if your browser is properly configured, select Window -
> Show View -> Other -> General -> Internal Web Browser, then try to
bring up a web page.

It just goes to show, it pays to be curious. I'd given up on getting EPF
to work on Linux, when I came across this the next day, working on a
completely different problem.

Good luck!

Mark Tippetts

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:11:54 +0100, Darren Bell wrote:

> I get
>
> !SESSION 2007-10-15 11:51:05.966
> ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.6.0_02
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_GB Framework
> arguments: -defaultlibrary OpenUP Command-line arguments: -os linux
> -ws gtk -arch x86 -data @user.home/EPF/workspace.1201 -defaultlibrary
> OpenUP
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-10-15 11:51:12.473 !MESSAGE Application
> error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3346 or swt-gtk in
> swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file
> at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:21 9)
at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:15 1) at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:21) at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java: 63) at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java: 54) at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:128) at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay
(Workbench.java:482) at
> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161) at
> org.eclipse.epf.rcp.ui.MainApplication.start(Unknown Source) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run
(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication
(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start
(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
(EclipseStarter.java:363)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
(EclipseStarter.java:176)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 504)
at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)
>
>
> Now, i've tried adding libswt-gtk-3346.so to LD)LIBRARY_PATH and copying
> into /usr/local/lib, but none of these work.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.
Re: 1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) [message #53192 is a reply to message #52063] Tue, 02 September 2008 16:08 Go to previous message
Juan Diego PÃ?©rez JimÃ?©nez is currently offline Juan Diego PÃ?©rez JimÃ?©nezFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I followed the instructions step by step but i had no progress . What's
you LD_LIBRARY_PATH var?.

Anyone has the solution?
Ubuntu 8.04
EPF 1.2.0.4
Re: 1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) [message #584919 is a reply to message #44074] Mon, 15 October 2007 18:05 Go to previous message
Shilpa Toraskar is currently offline Shilpa ToraskarFriend
Messages: 102
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This error seems to indicate that you are missing swt-gtk-3346.so

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3346 or swt-gtk in
swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file

But looks like you have pointed that in LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc.
Then it could be java version. I noticed you are using JVM 1.6.
We are not tested on 1.6, Pls. try it with 1.5.

Hope that helps
--
Shilpa Toraskar
Re: 1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) [message #589916 is a reply to message #44074] Thu, 17 July 2008 03:02 Go to previous message
Mark Tippetts is currently offline Mark TippettsFriend
Messages: 25
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hey Darren,

I don't know if you ever got this working, but I had the same problem on
Ubuntu 8.04. Here's the solution I found, quite by accident, while
reading the <a href=http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn/
User_Guide#Browser_issues>Mylyn User Guide</a>:

1. Install Seamonkey, by doing a search from "Add/Remove Programs."
I already had xulrunner and Firefox installed, but none of /usr/lib/
xulrunner, /usr/lib/mozilla or /usr/lib/firefox worked for
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME. /usr/lib/seamonkey does the trick.

2. Run EPF from a shell script, like so:

#!/usr/bin/bash

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/seamonkey
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
../epf

<<EOF

3. To test to see if your browser is properly configured, select Window -
> Show View -> Other -> General -> Internal Web Browser, then try to
bring up a web page.

It just goes to show, it pays to be curious. I'd given up on getting EPF
to work on Linux, when I came across this the next day, working on a
completely different problem.

Good luck!

Mark Tippetts

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:11:54 +0100, Darren Bell wrote:

> I get
>
> !SESSION 2007-10-15 11:51:05.966
> ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.6.0_02
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_GB Framework
> arguments: -defaultlibrary OpenUP Command-line arguments: -os linux
> -ws gtk -arch x86 -data @user.home/EPF/workspace.1201 -defaultlibrary
> OpenUP
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-10-15 11:51:12.473 !MESSAGE Application
> error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3346 or swt-gtk in
> swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file
> at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:21 9)
at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:15 1) at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:21) at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java: 63) at
> org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java: 54) at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:128) at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay
(Workbench.java:482) at
> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161) at
> org.eclipse.epf.rcp.ui.MainApplication.start(Unknown Source) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run
(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication
(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start
(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
(EclipseStarter.java:363)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
(EclipseStarter.java:176)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 504)
at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169) at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)
>
>
> Now, i've tried adding libswt-gtk-3346.so to LD)LIBRARY_PATH and copying
> into /usr/local/lib, but none of these work.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.
Re: 1.2.0.1 fails under Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) [message #590332 is a reply to message #52063] Tue, 02 September 2008 16:08 Go to previous message
Juan Diego PÃ?©rez JimÃ?©nez is currently offline Juan Diego PÃ?©rez JimÃ?©nezFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I followed the instructions step by step but i had no progress . What's
you LD_LIBRARY_PATH var?.

Anyone has the solution?
Ubuntu 8.04
EPF 1.2.0.4
Previous Topic:EPF 1.5 release
Next Topic:EPF 1.5 with subclipse plugin
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Dec 22 02:51:46 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.14952 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software