Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues
"This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #435004] Tue, 18 November 2008 01:06 Go to next message
Steve Kuo is currently offline Steve KuoFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I'm using the Dali/JPA Eclipse plugin as included in the download
wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip

I'm getting the error "This mapped class is not specified in persistence
unit" on my @Entity annotation. I do have more than one persistent unit.
According to this message it's a limitation on Dali.
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.dal i/msg00521.html
So I have commented out all but one persistent unit in my persistence.xml
file. This does not work.

Furthermore when I try editing the JPA settings (Project-Properties-JPA) I
get the popup error dialog "The currently displayed page contains invalid
values". Is this Dali crashing?

Also, if I go to my persistence.xml file and select JPA Tools -
Synchronize Classes, I get an error popup saying "'Synchronize classes
has' encountered a problem". Clicking on Details reveals that it's a null
pointer exception.

I'm not sure what else to try short of getting an older version of the
plugin.
Thanks, Steve
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #435005 is a reply to message #435004] Tue, 18 November 2008 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Messages: 470
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Steve,

It sounds like in the process of commenting the persistence.xml file,
something in our model must have gotten out of sync, and as a result this
causes the resulting errors you are seeing.

If you exit the Workbench and restart, does this resolve the problems you
are seeing? Can you post your persistence.xml (without sensitive info of
course) if this does not resolve the problem?

Also, can you post the NullPointerException you are encountering? It
seems that the persistence.xml is at the root of this issue. If only 1
persistence unit is active, then the tools should work correctly, so I
would like to see what might be different about your case.

Neil

Steve Kuo wrote:

> I'm using the Dali/JPA Eclipse plugin as included in the download
> wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip

> I'm getting the error "This mapped class is not specified in persistence
> unit" on my @Entity annotation. I do have more than one persistent unit.
> According to this message it's a limitation on Dali.
> http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.dal i/msg00521.html
> So I have commented out all but one persistent unit in my persistence.xml
> file. This does not work.

> Furthermore when I try editing the JPA settings (Project-Properties-JPA) I
> get the popup error dialog "The currently displayed page contains invalid
> values". Is this Dali crashing?

> Also, if I go to my persistence.xml file and select JPA Tools -
> Synchronize Classes, I get an error popup saying "'Synchronize classes
> has' encountered a problem". Clicking on Details reveals that it's a null
> pointer exception.

> I'm not sure what else to try short of getting an older version of the
> plugin.
> Thanks, Steve
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #435006 is a reply to message #435005] Wed, 19 November 2008 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Kuo is currently offline Steve KuoFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I fixed it by starting all over again. That is, start with a new
workspace, install the Hibernate plugin, then install and associate the
Dali JPA plugin.
If I install and associate the Dali JPA plugin first, then install the
Hibernate plugin, the for mentioned Dali bug behavior occurs.

Thanks, Steve
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #435007 is a reply to message #435006] Thu, 20 November 2008 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
> I fixed it by starting all over again. That is, start with a new
> workspace, install the Hibernate plugin, then install and associate the
> Dali JPA plugin.
> If I install and associate the Dali JPA plugin first, then install the
> Hibernate plugin, the for mentioned Dali bug behavior occurs.

That sounds very weird...shouldn't be any difference.

When you say install the plugin what do you actually do ?

/max
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #435008 is a reply to message #435007] Fri, 21 November 2008 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Kuo is currently offline Steve KuoFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
> When you say install the plugin what do you actually do ?

I unzipped wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip which overwrote and copied some
files to my eclipse directory. That is, I unzipped it from the directory
above my eclipse directory. The contents of wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip
is:
eclipse
features
pluguns
I also tried installing "Java Persistence API Tools" via the Software
Update menu option, which appears to be an older version.

Steve
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #435010 is a reply to message #435008] Mon, 24 November 2008 12:07 Go to previous message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
And what about the hibernate part ?

>> When you say install the plugin what do you actually do ?
>
> I unzipped wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip which overwrote and copied
> some files to my eclipse directory. That is, I unzipped it from the
> directory above my eclipse directory. The contents of
> wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip is:
> eclipse
> features
> pluguns
> I also tried installing "Java Persistence API Tools" via the Software
> Update menu option, which appears to be an older version.
>
> Steve
>



--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #611857 is a reply to message #435004] Tue, 18 November 2008 23:21 Go to previous message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Messages: 470
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Steve,

It sounds like in the process of commenting the persistence.xml file,
something in our model must have gotten out of sync, and as a result this
causes the resulting errors you are seeing.

If you exit the Workbench and restart, does this resolve the problems you
are seeing? Can you post your persistence.xml (without sensitive info of
course) if this does not resolve the problem?

Also, can you post the NullPointerException you are encountering? It
seems that the persistence.xml is at the root of this issue. If only 1
persistence unit is active, then the tools should work correctly, so I
would like to see what might be different about your case.

Neil

Steve Kuo wrote:

> I'm using the Dali/JPA Eclipse plugin as included in the download
> wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip

> I'm getting the error "This mapped class is not specified in persistence
> unit" on my @Entity annotation. I do have more than one persistent unit.
> According to this message it's a limitation on Dali.
> http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.dal i/msg00521.html
> So I have commented out all but one persistent unit in my persistence.xml
> file. This does not work.

> Furthermore when I try editing the JPA settings (Project-Properties-JPA) I
> get the popup error dialog "The currently displayed page contains invalid
> values". Is this Dali crashing?

> Also, if I go to my persistence.xml file and select JPA Tools -
> Synchronize Classes, I get an error popup saying "'Synchronize classes
> has' encountered a problem". Clicking on Details reveals that it's a null
> pointer exception.

> I'm not sure what else to try short of getting an older version of the
> plugin.
> Thanks, Steve
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #611860 is a reply to message #435005] Wed, 19 November 2008 18:55 Go to previous message
Steve Kuo is currently offline Steve KuoFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I fixed it by starting all over again. That is, start with a new
workspace, install the Hibernate plugin, then install and associate the
Dali JPA plugin.
If I install and associate the Dali JPA plugin first, then install the
Hibernate plugin, the for mentioned Dali bug behavior occurs.

Thanks, Steve
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #611862 is a reply to message #435006] Thu, 20 November 2008 12:06 Go to previous message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
> I fixed it by starting all over again. That is, start with a new
> workspace, install the Hibernate plugin, then install and associate the
> Dali JPA plugin.
> If I install and associate the Dali JPA plugin first, then install the
> Hibernate plugin, the for mentioned Dali bug behavior occurs.

That sounds very weird...shouldn't be any difference.

When you say install the plugin what do you actually do ?

/max
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #611865 is a reply to message #435007] Fri, 21 November 2008 23:34 Go to previous message
Steve Kuo is currently offline Steve KuoFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
> When you say install the plugin what do you actually do ?

I unzipped wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip which overwrote and copied some
files to my eclipse directory. That is, I unzipped it from the directory
above my eclipse directory. The contents of wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip
is:
eclipse
features
pluguns
I also tried installing "Java Persistence API Tools" via the Software
Update menu option, which appears to be an older version.

Steve
Re: "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit" and related issues [message #611869 is a reply to message #435008] Mon, 24 November 2008 12:07 Go to previous message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
And what about the hibernate part ?

>> When you say install the plugin what do you actually do ?
>
> I unzipped wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip which overwrote and copied
> some files to my eclipse directory. That is, I unzipped it from the
> directory above my eclipse directory. The contents of
> wtp-R-3.0.3-20081113203138.zip is:
> eclipse
> features
> pluguns
> I also tried installing "Java Persistence API Tools" via the Software
> Update menu option, which appears to be an older version.
>
> Steve
>



--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Previous Topic:Problems running WTP 3.0.3 in Eclipse 3.4.1
Next Topic:[Fwd: [dali-dev] questions on monitoring changes on JPA Model]
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 11:44:01 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02607 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software