Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » install document
install document [message #41104] Mon, 29 June 2009 18:09 Go to next message
lalitha Missing name is currently offline lalitha Missing name
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I am having a tough time installing swtbot in my eclipse environment and
getting a sample program to work.

Is there a document that has step by step instructions on all the zip
files that are required, and instructions on where the jar files need to
be copied to in the Eclipse plugin development environment?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Re: install document [message #41135 is a reply to message #41104] Tue, 30 June 2009 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan Padegaonkar
Messages: 873
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
There's a user guide linked from the home page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/UsersGuide

--
Ketan
http://studios.thoughtworks.com/twist | http://twitter.com/ketanpkr


On 29/6/09 23:39, lalitha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a tough time installing swtbot in my eclipse environment and
> getting a sample program to work.
>
> Is there a document that has step by step instructions on all the zip
> files that are required, and instructions on where the jar files need to
> be copied to in the Eclipse plugin development environment?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
Re: install document [message #41165 is a reply to message #41135] Tue, 30 June 2009 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles David
Messages: 128
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ketan Padegaonkar a écrit :
> There's a user guide linked from the home page:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/UsersGuide

Personaly I found that document rather confusing. It talks about .releng
projects, dependencies not available and to be added manually, patched
versions of Eclipse frameworks, building update sites... All things
which seem targeted to SWTBot developers and not plain users.

I followed the following steps to test it under 3.4:

1. Add the update site URL provided on
http://www.eclipse.org/swtbot/downloads.php for your target (3.4 or 3.5)
2. From that update site, install both features "SWTBot SWT Features"
and "SWTBot Eclipse Features". Restart Eclipse.
3. To check if it is properly installed, open the "Run Configurations"
dialog. You should have a new category called "SWTBot Test".
4. Create a new plug-in projet to do a quick test.
5. Add the following dependencies:
org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder
org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder
org.junit4
6. Copy/paste the TestSampleDialog class from
http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/UsersGuide in that plug-in. There are
some deprecation warnings, but it should compile.
7. Select the TestSampleDialog class in the Package Explorer, and do a
"Run as > SWTBot Test". After a while you should see the new Eclipse
runtime opening and automatically creating a new Java project from the
wizard.
Re: install document [message #41195 is a reply to message #41165] Tue, 30 June 2009 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan Padegaonkar
Messages: 873
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 30/6/09 11:49, Pierre-Charles David wrote:
> Ketan Padegaonkar a écrit :
>> There's a user guide linked from the home page:
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/UsersGuide
>
> Personaly I found that document rather confusing. It talks about .releng
> projects, dependencies not available and to be added manually, patched
> versions of Eclipse frameworks, building update sites... All things
> which seem targeted to SWTBot developers and not plain users.

Point noted :) The initial guide was aimed at users like yourself. Seems
it was edited for people wanting to build swtbot themselves. I'll move
the content around.

A previous snapshot of the userguide[1] may help (although it is still a
bit outdated). The changes being to the namespace of the code and the
following dependencies:
- org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder
- org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder
- org.hamcrest
- org.junit4
- org.eclipse.swtbot.junit4_x
- org.apache.log4j

Also there's a tutorial[2] that I should link to from the home page.

[1] - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=SWTBot/UsersGuide&am p;oldid=150740

[2] - http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/docs/eclipseco n2009/

--
Ketan
http://studios.thoughtworks.com/twist | http://twitter.com/ketanpkr
Re: install document [message #41289 is a reply to message #41195] Tue, 30 June 2009 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lalitha Missing name is currently offline lalitha Missing name
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions, I was able to run the test and am now looking
into how I can incorporate it into our UI testing.

L
Re: install document [message #42318 is a reply to message #41195] Wed, 08 July 2009 16:04 Go to previous message
Derek  is currently offline Derek
Messages: 30
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thanks! The revised Users Guide is definitely more clear and helpful now :)
Previous Topic:SWTBot launch configuration obsolete?
Next Topic:help with swing / rcp application testing
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 16 13:46:26 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01680 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software