Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Changed workspace and mylyn seems to have been disabled
Changed workspace and mylyn seems to have been disabled [message #39682] Thu, 20 December 2007 23:20 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: sklett.pmddirect.com

This is my first post and I've very new to Eclipse and Mylyn. Apologies
if this is an obvious question.

I'm using the JSEclipse plugin with Eclipse 3.3.1.1

I had been using the 'classic' version of eclipse but downloaded the
latest version so I could us Mylyn with Bugzilla.
When I downloaded the new version of eclipse I created a new workspace
(empty) so that I could test Mylyn and get used to it, once I had things
working I switched workspaces to my existing workspace and when I did the
task list reverted back to the "old" (non-mylyn) style task list.

I hope I'm using the correct terms. I've gone through the preferences and
docs, the help and searched online and can't figure out how to "enable"
Mylyn (if it is indeed disabled).

Can anyone here think what I might have done or what I may NEED to do to
get things working again?

Thanks for any help.

-Steve
Re: Changed workspace and mylyn seems to have been disabled [message #39713 is a reply to message #39682] Thu, 20 December 2007 23:25 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: sklett.pmddirect.com

That has to be a record for me!
30 seconds after posting the question I snooped around a little deeper and
figured it out.

I don't know why, but what I had to do was customize my perspective and
enable the "Task List" view, it wasn't checked. It could be that my
project was created BEFORE I had Mylyn so it defaults to hidden when
installed.

Either way, things are up and running now.
Re: Changed workspace and mylyn seems to have been disabled [message #586272 is a reply to message #39682] Thu, 20 December 2007 23:25 Go to previous message
Steve is currently offline Steve
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
That has to be a record for me!
30 seconds after posting the question I snooped around a little deeper and
figured it out.

I don't know why, but what I had to do was customize my perspective and
enable the "Task List" view, it wasn't checked. It could be that my
project was created BEFORE I had Mylyn so it defaults to hidden when
installed.

Either way, things are up and running now.
Previous Topic:Changed workspace and mylyn seems to have been disabled
Next Topic:EclipseZone non update times-11/4-12/16
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 22 11:56:53 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03892 seconds