Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » ReadObjectQuery Problem
ReadObjectQuery Problem [message #389405] Thu, 04 June 2009 16:29 Go to next message
Rahul Thakur is currently offline Rahul ThakurFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
Subsequent to my last thread (about Expressions), I did some more
investigation, it appears that there is an issue with ReadAllQuery
execution.

I have a webapp action controller that uses a ReadAllQuery + Expressions
to query an Entity with criteria spanning mutliple tables. (one to many
relationships).

So, I created a bunch of tests to investigate this further. surprisingly,
the JUnit tests work fine and the same Stripes Action impl works as
expected when invoked from the JUnit test.

I am wondering if it is something related to the Session/Thread that is
influencing the ReadAllQuery execution in when running under a JEE
container?

I have the logging configured to FINEST but can't see any thing helpful in
the logs; except that while running JUnit tests, root Entity's
relationship are resolved for each row obtained. Whereas there are no
results obtained when running under a web container.

Does anyone know of anything that might cause this behaviour to be
different.

Many thanks in advance,

Rahul
Re: ReadObjectQuery Problem [message #389408 is a reply to message #389405] Sat, 06 June 2009 09:58 Go to previous message
Rahul Thakur is currently offline Rahul ThakurFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: July 2009
Member
This looks to be an issue when fetching 1-M relations and running as a web
application against an in-memory HSQL DB.

Unit tests seem to be work fine.

I wonder if the cause of the issue in EclipseLink or in HSQL?? I did some
debugging which seems to suggest that the resulting PreparedStatement is
being created properly. Its just the execution of the PreparedStatement in
DatabaseAccessor that doesn't looks like obtaining any resultsets when the
application is run under Tomcat.

I tried a few options with EclipseLink's jdbc properties but no joy :-(

Hope someone can shed more light on this...

Cheers,

Rahul
Previous Topic:Moving from ToplinkLink Essentials (SessionCustomizer problem)
Next Topic:Help with error: number of referencing and referenced column
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 22:49:39 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01752 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software