Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EPF » EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing
EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing [message #3330] Mon, 20 February 2006 21:51 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: oddstray.gmail.com

I've tried and failed to create a Method Plug-In and Method Configuration
and to publish it. I followed the procedure in the tutorials. When I try
to publish, I get a notification that my selected configuration does not
contain a valid view.

I don't understand Views, so I don't know what might be wrong or how to
try to fix it. The tutorial and the Composer help aren't giving me any
enlightenment. Where else can I look?


TIA ...


B
Re: EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing [message #3363 is a reply to message #3330] Tue, 21 February 2006 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Haumer is currently offline Peter HaumerFriend
Messages: 228
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Creating a view and assigning it to your configuration is explained in the
Tutorial "Exercise 3: Create a customized configuration" in "Publishing and
Exporting". Prerequisite is that you completed Exercise 2. Follow Step 10
in Ex 3 to assign a view.

I can understand that the tutorials are a bit hard to follow at the moment,
because they assume RUP content and not BUP. We filed a bugzilla to fix
this.

--


Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

____________________________________________________________ __
"B Anderson" <oddstray@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:efd51aa56038a7092fcb79ebdeb3ec43$1@www.eclipse.org...
> I've tried and failed to create a Method Plug-In and Method Configuration
> and to publish it. I followed the procedure in the tutorials. When I try
> to publish, I get a notification that my selected configuration does not
> contain a valid view.
>
> I don't understand Views, so I don't know what might be wrong or how to
> try to fix it. The tutorial and the Composer help aren't giving me any
> enlightenment. Where else can I look?
>
>
> TIA ...
>
>
> B
>
Re: EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing [message #3397 is a reply to message #3363] Wed, 22 February 2006 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: oddstray.gmail.com

I did manage to follow the tutorial and create and publish the view.
Thanks for pointing me directly to it.

But, I disagree that this it "explained" in the tutorial. There's
sufficient 'how' but not enough 'why'. And when I return to trying to
document our methodology, I'm predict that I'm going to find myself in the
same place ... with an invalid View and no clue as to what's wrong with
it.


So, where else can I look for information on Views? And, just because I
learn better from diagrams, is there somewhere I can look at the class
diagram for the EPF Composer?


Thanks ...



B
Re: EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing [message #3529 is a reply to message #3397] Tue, 28 February 2006 02:56 Go to previous message
Peter Haumer is currently offline Peter HaumerFriend
Messages: 228
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I need to still clean up the meta-model specification and remove all IBM
specific references before I can place it into the project's CVS repository.
In the mean-time you find some diagrams in the base_concepts plug-in of the
donated content. Get the published site from here
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technolo gy/epf/bup_20060209.zip
and check out Organizational Concepts page in Getting Started.

The basic idea is that any category defined in your RMC plug-ins can be
declared to become a view in the published web site. For example, you
define a custom category that lists all you favorite task and guidance
pages. By selecting it as a view in your configuration the RMC web
publisher will make it a tab (i.e. view) in the tree browser of the
published site. Check out the BUP configuration in the EPF tool itself.
You find there that "Getting Started" and "Team" have been selected as
views. Go ahead and find these two in the bup plug-in under custom
categories --> beaco_views and examine how they have been defined as well as
how the tree browser is defined as nested categories.


Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

____________________________________________________________ __

PETER HAUMER
IBM | Eclipse Process Framework Committer
____________________________________________________________ __


"B Anderson" <oddstray@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1db3c7ce028c459a5f1a900d51d0d008$1@phoenix.eclipse.org...
>I did manage to follow the tutorial and create and publish the view.
>Thanks for pointing me directly to it.
>
> But, I disagree that this it "explained" in the tutorial. There's
> sufficient 'how' but not enough 'why'. And when I return to trying to
> document our methodology, I'm predict that I'm going to find myself in the
> same place ... with an invalid View and no clue as to what's wrong with
> it.
>
> So, where else can I look for information on Views? And, just because I
> learn better from diagrams, is there somewhere I can look at the class
> diagram for the EPF Composer?
>
>
> Thanks ...
>
>
>
> B
>
>
Re: EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing [message #561526 is a reply to message #3330] Tue, 21 February 2006 05:25 Go to previous message
Peter Haumer is currently offline Peter HaumerFriend
Messages: 228
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Creating a view and assigning it to your configuration is explained in the
Tutorial "Exercise 3: Create a customized configuration" in "Publishing and
Exporting". Prerequisite is that you completed Exercise 2. Follow Step 10
in Ex 3 to assign a view.

I can understand that the tutorials are a bit hard to follow at the moment,
because they assume RUP content and not BUP. We filed a bugzilla to fix
this.

--


Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

____________________________________________________________ __
"B Anderson" <oddstray@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:efd51aa56038a7092fcb79ebdeb3ec43$1@www.eclipse.org...
> I've tried and failed to create a Method Plug-In and Method Configuration
> and to publish it. I followed the procedure in the tutorials. When I try
> to publish, I get a notification that my selected configuration does not
> contain a valid view.
>
> I don't understand Views, so I don't know what might be wrong or how to
> try to fix it. The tutorial and the Composer help aren't giving me any
> enlightenment. Where else can I look?
>
>
> TIA ...
>
>
> B
>
Re: EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing [message #561547 is a reply to message #3363] Wed, 22 February 2006 01:00 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: oddstray.gmail.com

I did manage to follow the tutorial and create and publish the view.
Thanks for pointing me directly to it.

But, I disagree that this it "explained" in the tutorial. There's
sufficient 'how' but not enough 'why'. And when I return to trying to
document our methodology, I'm predict that I'm going to find myself in the
same place ... with an invalid View and no clue as to what's wrong with
it.


So, where else can I look for information on Views? And, just because I
learn better from diagrams, is there somewhere I can look at the class
diagram for the EPF Composer?


Thanks ...



B
Re: EPF Authoring - Views, Publishing [message #561629 is a reply to message #3397] Tue, 28 February 2006 02:56 Go to previous message
Peter Haumer is currently offline Peter HaumerFriend
Messages: 228
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I need to still clean up the meta-model specification and remove all IBM
specific references before I can place it into the project's CVS repository.
In the mean-time you find some diagrams in the base_concepts plug-in of the
donated content. Get the published site from here
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technolo gy/epf/bup_20060209.zip
and check out Organizational Concepts page in Getting Started.

The basic idea is that any category defined in your RMC plug-ins can be
declared to become a view in the published web site. For example, you
define a custom category that lists all you favorite task and guidance
pages. By selecting it as a view in your configuration the RMC web
publisher will make it a tab (i.e. view) in the tree browser of the
published site. Check out the BUP configuration in the EPF tool itself.
You find there that "Getting Started" and "Team" have been selected as
views. Go ahead and find these two in the bup plug-in under custom
categories --> beaco_views and examine how they have been defined as well as
how the tree browser is defined as nested categories.


Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

____________________________________________________________ __

PETER HAUMER
IBM | Eclipse Process Framework Committer
____________________________________________________________ __


"B Anderson" <oddstray@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1db3c7ce028c459a5f1a900d51d0d008$1@phoenix.eclipse.org...
>I did manage to follow the tutorial and create and publish the view.
>Thanks for pointing me directly to it.
>
> But, I disagree that this it "explained" in the tutorial. There's
> sufficient 'how' but not enough 'why'. And when I return to trying to
> document our methodology, I'm predict that I'm going to find myself in the
> same place ... with an invalid View and no clue as to what's wrong with
> it.
>
> So, where else can I look for information on Views? And, just because I
> learn better from diagrams, is there somewhere I can look at the class
> diagram for the EPF Composer?
>
>
> Thanks ...
>
>
>
> B
>
>
Previous Topic:BUP and/or EUP
Next Topic:Task and their descriptors
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 27 23:41:07 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03089 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software