Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Modeling (top-level project) » UML Format
UML Format [message #376400] Wed, 17 May 2006 11:27 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mari.bgu.ac.il

Hi all,

I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
hierarchy and so on.

Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.

I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
such format force me to take the XMI alternative.

I will appreciate any help.
Re: UML Format [message #376402 is a reply to message #376400] Wed, 17 May 2006 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 25999
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090007030503080602020101
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Azzam,

I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
instance of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the
analysis.

http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/


Azzam wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
>Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
>of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
>which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
>which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
>diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
>hierarchy and so on.
>
>Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
>it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
>maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
>(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>
>I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
>diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
>normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
>information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
>such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>
>I will appreciate any help.
>
>
>
>


--------------090007030503080602020101
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Azzam,<br>
<br>
I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
instance of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the
analysis. <br>
<blockquote><a href="http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/">http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/</a><br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Azzam wrote:
<blockquote cite="mide4fbka$hh4$1@utils.eclipse.org" type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi all,

I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
hierarchy and so on.

Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.

I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
such format force me to take the XMI alternative.

I will appreciate any help.


</pre>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>

--------------090007030503080602020101--
Re: UML Format [message #376404 is a reply to message #376402] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mari.bgu.ac.il

Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
the class diagram not the XMI).

At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in a
normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with associations
and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently such information
but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is seem that the API
will provide me an access to extract the appropriate data is not it? Or
maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.

At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
extract the.
appropriate data.


Best regards,

Azzam



"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
Azzam,

I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an instance
of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the analysis.

http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/


Azzam wrote:
Hi all,

I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
hierarchy and so on.

Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.

I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
such format force me to take the XMI alternative.

I will appreciate any help.
Re: UML Format [message #376405 is a reply to message #376404] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 25999
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Azzam,

It seems you want to read a cryptic file format to produce a high level
representation and that's exactly what UML2 already does. You say you
have a class diagram, not XMI, but that doesn't give a hint of what
format a class diagram might be. I simply assumed it was XMI. I
certainly can't imagine you'd want to write your own parser and develop
your own UML2 model, which is what you'd need to do if you didn't reuse
UML2...


Azzam wrote:

>Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
>the class diagram not the XMI).
>
>At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in a
>normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
>information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with associations
>and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently such information
>but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is seem that the API
>will provide me an access to extract the appropriate data is not it? Or
>maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.
>
>At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
>extract the.
>appropriate data.
>
>
>Best regards,
>
>Azzam
>
>
>
>"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>Azzam,
>
>I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an instance
>of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the analysis.
>
>http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/
>
>
>Azzam wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
>Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
>of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
>which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
>which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
>diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
>hierarchy and so on.
>
>Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
>it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
>maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
>(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>
>I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
>diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
>normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
>information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
>such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>
>I will appreciate any help.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Re: UML Format [message #376406 is a reply to message #376404] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenn Hussey is currently offline Kenn Hussey
Messages: 1618
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Azzam,

Please see my response in the UML2 newsgroup.

Kenn

"Azzam" <mari@bgu.ac.il> wrote in message
news:e4fhsa$hj$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
> the class diagram not the XMI).
>
> At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in
a
> normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
> information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with
associations
> and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently such information
> but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is seem that the
API
> will provide me an access to extract the appropriate data is not it? Or
> maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.
>
> At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
> extract the.
> appropriate data.
>
>
> Best regards,
>
> Azzam
>
>
>
> "Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Azzam,
>
> I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
instance
> of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the analysis.
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/
>
>
> Azzam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as
consistency.
> Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The
problem
> of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good
parser
> which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex
format
> which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
> diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
> hierarchy and so on.
>
> Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
> it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides?
Or
> maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler
features
> (script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>
> I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
> diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
> normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract
the
> information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
> such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>
> I will appreciate any help.
>
>
>
>
>
Re: UML Format [message #376407 is a reply to message #376405] Wed, 17 May 2006 15:05 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mari.bgu.ac.il

Dear Marks,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Azzam


"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:e4fllf$hh9$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Azzam,
>
> It seems you want to read a cryptic file format to produce a high level
> representation and that's exactly what UML2 already does. You say you
> have a class diagram, not XMI, but that doesn't give a hint of what format
> a class diagram might be. I simply assumed it was XMI. I certainly can't
> imagine you'd want to write your own parser and develop your own UML2
> model, which is what you'd need to do if you didn't reuse UML2...
>
>
> Azzam wrote:
>
>>Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
>>the class diagram not the XMI).
>>
>>At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in
>>a normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
>>information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with
>>associations and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently
>>such information but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is
>>seem that the API will provide me an access to extract the appropriate
>>data is not it? Or maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.
>>
>>At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
>>extract the.
>>appropriate data.
>>
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Azzam
>>
>>
>>
>>"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>>news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>>Azzam,
>>
>>I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
>>instance of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the
>>analysis.
>>
>>http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/
>>
>>
>>Azzam wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as
>>consistency.
>>Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The
>>problem
>>of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good
>>parser
>>which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex
>>format
>>which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
>>diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
>>hierarchy and so on.
>>
>>Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
>>it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides?
>>Or
>>maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler
>>features
>>(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>>
>>I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
>>diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
>>normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract
>>the
>>information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
>>such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>>
>>I will appreciate any help.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Re: UML Format [message #564799 is a reply to message #376400] Wed, 17 May 2006 10:44 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 25999
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090007030503080602020101
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Azzam,

I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
instance of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the
analysis.

http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/


Azzam wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
>Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
>of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
>which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
>which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
>diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
>hierarchy and so on.
>
>Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
>it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
>maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
>(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>
>I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
>diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
>normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
>information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
>such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>
>I will appreciate any help.
>
>
>
>


--------------090007030503080602020101
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Azzam,<br>
<br>
I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
instance of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the
analysis. <br>
<blockquote><a href="http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/">http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/</a><br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Azzam wrote:
<blockquote cite="mide4fbka$hh4$1@utils.eclipse.org" type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi all,

I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
hierarchy and so on.

Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.

I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
such format force me to take the XMI alternative.

I will appreciate any help.


</pre>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>

--------------090007030503080602020101--
Re: UML Format [message #564885 is a reply to message #376402] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:14 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mari.bgu.ac.il

Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
the class diagram not the XMI).

At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in a
normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with associations
and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently such information
but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is seem that the API
will provide me an access to extract the appropriate data is not it? Or
maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.

At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
extract the.
appropriate data.


Best regards,

Azzam



"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
Azzam,

I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an instance
of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the analysis.

http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/


Azzam wrote:
Hi all,

I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
hierarchy and so on.

Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.

I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
such format force me to take the XMI alternative.

I will appreciate any help.
Re: UML Format [message #564910 is a reply to message #376404] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:14 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 25999
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Azzam,

It seems you want to read a cryptic file format to produce a high level
representation and that's exactly what UML2 already does. You say you
have a class diagram, not XMI, but that doesn't give a hint of what
format a class diagram might be. I simply assumed it was XMI. I
certainly can't imagine you'd want to write your own parser and develop
your own UML2 model, which is what you'd need to do if you didn't reuse
UML2...


Azzam wrote:

>Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
>the class diagram not the XMI).
>
>At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in a
>normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
>information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with associations
>and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently such information
>but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is seem that the API
>will provide me an access to extract the appropriate data is not it? Or
>maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.
>
>At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
>extract the.
>appropriate data.
>
>
>Best regards,
>
>Azzam
>
>
>
>"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>Azzam,
>
>I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an instance
>of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the analysis.
>
>http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/
>
>
>Azzam wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency.
>Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem
>of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser
>which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format
>which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
>diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
>hierarchy and so on.
>
>Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
>it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or
>maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features
>(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>
>I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
>diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
>normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the
>information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
>such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>
>I will appreciate any help.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Re: UML Format [message #564942 is a reply to message #376404] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:51 Go to previous message
Kenn Hussey is currently offline Kenn Hussey
Messages: 1618
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Azzam,

Please see my response in the UML2 newsgroup.

Kenn

"Azzam" <mari@bgu.ac.il> wrote in message
news:e4fhsa$hj$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
> the class diagram not the XMI).
>
> At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in
a
> normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
> information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with
associations
> and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently such information
> but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is seem that the
API
> will provide me an access to extract the appropriate data is not it? Or
> maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.
>
> At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
> extract the.
> appropriate data.
>
>
> Best regards,
>
> Azzam
>
>
>
> "Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Azzam,
>
> I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
instance
> of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the analysis.
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/
>
>
> Azzam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as
consistency.
> Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The
problem
> of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good
parser
> which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex
format
> which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
> diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
> hierarchy and so on.
>
> Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
> it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides?
Or
> maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler
features
> (script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>
> I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
> diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
> normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract
the
> information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
> such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>
> I will appreciate any help.
>
>
>
>
>
Re: UML Format [message #564960 is a reply to message #376405] Wed, 17 May 2006 15:05 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mari.bgu.ac.il

Dear Marks,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Azzam


"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:e4fllf$hh9$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Azzam,
>
> It seems you want to read a cryptic file format to produce a high level
> representation and that's exactly what UML2 already does. You say you
> have a class diagram, not XMI, but that doesn't give a hint of what format
> a class diagram might be. I simply assumed it was XMI. I certainly can't
> imagine you'd want to write your own parser and develop your own UML2
> model, which is what you'd need to do if you didn't reuse UML2...
>
>
> Azzam wrote:
>
>>Thank you about your answer. I will try such option (However the input is
>>the class diagram not the XMI).
>>
>>At the end what I really want is to get a representation of UML design in
>>a normal format (e.g. table format) where it will be easy to parse it. The
>>information as I had mentioned should includes the classes with
>>associations and the mutability and so on. The XMI provides inherently
>>such information but it is too complicated and need a parser for it. It is
>>seem that the API will provide me an access to extract the appropriate
>>data is not it? Or maybe it is better to tackle the XMI format.
>>
>>At all, the better is to use the modeler features (script / plug-out) to
>>extract the.
>>appropriate data.
>>
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Azzam
>>
>>
>>
>>"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>>news:e4fcsb$m2c$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>>Azzam,
>>
>>I would imagine that you'd want to load the XMI serialization as an
>>instance of the UML2 model and then use the UML2 APIs to do all the
>>analysis.
>>
>>http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/
>>
>>
>>Azzam wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as
>>consistency.
>>Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The
>>problem
>>of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good
>>parser
>>which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex
>>format
>>which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class
>>diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the
>>hierarchy and so on.
>>
>>Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using
>>it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides?
>>Or
>>maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler
>>features
>>(script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.
>>
>>I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class
>>diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a
>>normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract
>>the
>>information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of
>>such format force me to take the XMI alternative.
>>
>>I will appreciate any help.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Previous Topic:Interoperability between modelling IDE's based on eclipse
Next Topic:Textual Modelling Framework?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 22 03:56:55 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02711 seconds