Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Service Oriented Architecture Tools Platform (STP) » problems after installing STP
problems after installing STP [message #375048] Mon, 26 January 2009 16:01 Go to next message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Messages: 127
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello NG,
Today I installed the STP via the update-site. I use Ganymede 3.4.1. The
STP seemed to be installed correctly until I tried to investigate some
properties. Especially the SCA-properties. When I click on SOA
Tools->SCA I get a ClassNotFoundEx.:

Unable to create the selected preference page.
org.eclipse.stp.sc.sca.preferences.SCAMainPreferencePage

So I played a little bit around to test other functionality and got the
following exception in the error log when trying to right-click a class
-->JAX-WS Tools->Create WEbService:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.eclipse.stp.sc.common.annotations.ext.AnnotationSupportP roxy ...

Can you help me with that issue?

greets
Jan
Re: problems after installing STP [message #375049 is a reply to message #375048] Mon, 26 January 2009 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Drapeau is currently offline Stephane DrapeauFriend
Messages: 198
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Jan,

I suggest you to install STP without the Service Creation and SOA System
features:
- STP Service Creation Feature
- STP Service Creation for Jax-WS Feature
- STP Service Creation for SCA Feature
- STP SOA System Feature
- STP SOA System Runtime Feature

These features don't work with Ganymede and it's not planned. The two
components are retired [0].

Regards,

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo

[0]: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=253680


Jan Reimann a écrit :
> Hello NG,
> Today I installed the STP via the update-site. I use Ganymede 3.4.1. The
> STP seemed to be installed correctly until I tried to investigate some
> properties. Especially the SCA-properties. When I click on SOA
> Tools->SCA I get a ClassNotFoundEx.:
>
> Unable to create the selected preference page.
> org.eclipse.stp.sc.sca.preferences.SCAMainPreferencePage
>
> So I played a little bit around to test other functionality and got the
> following exception in the error log when trying to right-click a class
> -->JAX-WS Tools->Create WEbService:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> org.eclipse.stp.sc.common.annotations.ext.AnnotationSupportP roxy ...
>
> Can you help me with that issue?
>
> greets
> Jan
Re: problems after installing STP [message #375050 is a reply to message #375049] Mon, 26 January 2009 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Messages: 127
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Stephane,
thanks for your reply. But what can I do to get the STP working in
Ganymede? There is no information about closing parts of the STP on
http://www.eclipse.org/stp. So I imagine that my question will be put
once in a while in future.

greets
Jan


Stephane Drapeau wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I suggest you to install STP without the Service Creation and SOA System
> features:
> - STP Service Creation Feature
> - STP Service Creation for Jax-WS Feature
> - STP Service Creation for SCA Feature
> - STP SOA System Feature
> - STP SOA System Runtime Feature
>
> These features don't work with Ganymede and it's not planned. The two
> components are retired [0].
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephane Drapeau
> Obeo
>
> [0]: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=253680
Re: problems after installing STP [message #375051 is a reply to message #375050] Mon, 26 January 2009 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Drapeau is currently offline Stephane DrapeauFriend
Messages: 198
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jan Reimann a écrit :
> Hi Stephane,
> thanks for your reply. But what can I do to get the STP working in
> Ganymede?

In the category "SOA Development", select:
- BPEL To Java Feature
- BPMN Feature
- SCA Composite Tools Feature
- SOA Policy Editor Feature
- STP Integration Designer Feature
- STP Intermediate Model Feature

> There is no information about closing parts of the STP on
> http://www.eclipse.org/stp.
Yes. The web site needs an update.
So I imagine that my question will be put
> once in a while in future.
>


Stephane Drapeau
Obeo
Re: problems after installing STP [message #375052 is a reply to message #375051] Fri, 06 February 2009 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Messages: 127
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Stephane,
sorry for the late answer. I installed the mentioned plugins but now all
the preferences under "SOA Tools", like described here
http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP_Service_Creation_User_Guide#Crea ting_service_component,
so how can I create a Java-First-Project for a Web Service?
Re: problems after installing STP [message #375053 is a reply to message #375052] Fri, 06 February 2009 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Drapeau is currently offline Stephane DrapeauFriend
Messages: 198
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jan Reimann a écrit :
> Hi Stephane,
> sorry for the late answer. I installed the mentioned plugins but now all
> the preferences under "SOA Tools", like described here
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP_Service_Creation_User_Guide#Crea ting_service_component,
> so how can I create a Java-First-Project for a Web Service?

You can't. This wizard is provided by the Service Creation feature.

If you need this tool, you can try to install it in Europa but I'm not
sure that it works. This tool isn't maintained since 1 year.

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo
Re: [stp-newsgroup] Re: problems after installing STP [message #375054 is a reply to message #375053] Fri, 06 February 2009 17:30 Go to previous message
Oisin Hurley is currently offline Oisin HurleyFriend
Messages: 204
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jan -- the functions for web services are now available in the
JAXWS Incubator project -- see http://wiki.eclipse.org/JAXWS

--oh
Re: problems after installing STP [message #620860 is a reply to message #375048] Mon, 26 January 2009 16:27 Go to previous message
Stephane Drapeau is currently offline Stephane DrapeauFriend
Messages: 198
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Jan,

I suggest you to install STP without the Service Creation and SOA System
features:
- STP Service Creation Feature
- STP Service Creation for Jax-WS Feature
- STP Service Creation for SCA Feature
- STP SOA System Feature
- STP SOA System Runtime Feature

These features don't work with Ganymede and it's not planned. The two
components are retired [0].

Regards,

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo

[0]: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=253680


Jan Reimann a écrit :
> Hello NG,
> Today I installed the STP via the update-site. I use Ganymede 3.4.1. The
> STP seemed to be installed correctly until I tried to investigate some
> properties. Especially the SCA-properties. When I click on SOA
> Tools->SCA I get a ClassNotFoundEx.:
>
> Unable to create the selected preference page.
> org.eclipse.stp.sc.sca.preferences.SCAMainPreferencePage
>
> So I played a little bit around to test other functionality and got the
> following exception in the error log when trying to right-click a class
> -->JAX-WS Tools->Create WEbService:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> org.eclipse.stp.sc.common.annotations.ext.AnnotationSupportP roxy ...
>
> Can you help me with that issue?
>
> greets
> Jan
Re: problems after installing STP [message #620861 is a reply to message #375049] Mon, 26 January 2009 17:44 Go to previous message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Messages: 127
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Stephane,
thanks for your reply. But what can I do to get the STP working in
Ganymede? There is no information about closing parts of the STP on
http://www.eclipse.org/stp So I imagine that my question will be put
once in a while in future.

greets
Jan


Stephane Drapeau wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I suggest you to install STP without the Service Creation and SOA System
> features:
> - STP Service Creation Feature
> - STP Service Creation for Jax-WS Feature
> - STP Service Creation for SCA Feature
> - STP SOA System Feature
> - STP SOA System Runtime Feature
>
> These features don't work with Ganymede and it's not planned. The two
> components are retired [0].
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephane Drapeau
> Obeo
>
> [0]: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=253680
Re: problems after installing STP [message #620862 is a reply to message #375050] Mon, 26 January 2009 20:37 Go to previous message
Stephane Drapeau is currently offline Stephane DrapeauFriend
Messages: 198
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jan Reimann a écrit :
> Hi Stephane,
> thanks for your reply. But what can I do to get the STP working in
> Ganymede?

In the category "SOA Development", select:
- BPEL To Java Feature
- BPMN Feature
- SCA Composite Tools Feature
- SOA Policy Editor Feature
- STP Integration Designer Feature
- STP Intermediate Model Feature

> There is no information about closing parts of the STP on
> http://www.eclipse.org/stp
Yes. The web site needs an update.
So I imagine that my question will be put
> once in a while in future.
>


Stephane Drapeau
Obeo
Re: problems after installing STP [message #620863 is a reply to message #375051] Fri, 06 February 2009 12:04 Go to previous message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Messages: 127
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Stephane,
sorry for the late answer. I installed the mentioned plugins but now all
the preferences under "SOA Tools", like described here
http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP_Service_Creation_User_Guide#Crea ting_service_component,
so how can I create a Java-First-Project for a Web Service?
Re: problems after installing STP [message #620864 is a reply to message #375052] Fri, 06 February 2009 16:20 Go to previous message
Stephane Drapeau is currently offline Stephane DrapeauFriend
Messages: 198
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jan Reimann a écrit :
> Hi Stephane,
> sorry for the late answer. I installed the mentioned plugins but now all
> the preferences under "SOA Tools", like described here
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP_Service_Creation_User_Guide#Crea ting_service_component,
> so how can I create a Java-First-Project for a Web Service?

You can't. This wizard is provided by the Service Creation feature.

If you need this tool, you can try to install it in Europa but I'm not
sure that it works. This tool isn't maintained since 1 year.

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo
Re: [stp-newsgroup] Re: problems after installing STP [message #620865 is a reply to message #375053] Fri, 06 February 2009 17:30 Go to previous message
Oisin Hurley is currently offline Oisin HurleyFriend
Messages: 204
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jan -- the functions for web services are now available in the
JAXWS Incubator project -- see http://wiki.eclipse.org/JAXWS

--oh
Previous Topic:problems after installing STP
Next Topic:Confused about the status of BPMN -> BPEL transformations
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 23:39:47 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.07269 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software