Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Service Oriented Architecture Tools Platform (STP) » IRC transcript from todays session
IRC transcript from todays session [message #373946] Wed, 15 February 2006 17:41
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: karl.reti.sybase.com

[12:01] Karlr: Ok Carl asked if I could host this session as he is going to
be occupied elsewhere (right Carl ?) :-)
[12:02] Karlr: I have two items for the agenda at present
[12:02] Karlr: 1. Build system update
2. Naming conventions
[12:02] cctrieloff: yip - I did not get sleep last night with the baby
[12:02] Karlr: Anyone any additions ?
[12:03] DavidBosschaert: Should we also talk about a potential face to face
at Eclipsecon?
[12:03] *** RobCernich has joined #eclipseSTP.
[12:03] Karlr: Good point
[12:03] Karlr: yes
[12:03] sdaume: the date of the face to face at Eclipse COn should be
discussed
[12:04] Karlr: At the last face to face we agreed to meet again at
EclipseCon. Any suggestions for the time and location ? I think that Carl
mentioned that the foundation agreed that we could use a room ?? I dont have
those details though
[12:05] cctrieloff: Bjorn said that we could use one of the rooms
[12:05] Karlr: Anyd details on which and when ?
[12:06] cctrieloff: we need confirm once we have it together on our side
[12:06] Karlr: Is anyone going to any of the tutorials on the Monday ? If
not then maybe Monday would be a good day ?
[12:06] *** askehill has joined #eclipseSTP.
[12:07] DavidBosschaert: I know people from our side will be going to a
few...
[12:07] cctrieloff: It needs to be one of the counsil or board meeting days
[12:07] DavidBosschaert: Or potentially Friday>
[12:08] Karlr: Why one of the council meeting days ?
[12:08] RobCernich: i'll be presenting a tutorial in the morning
[12:09] DavidBosschaert: What days are the council meeting days?
[12:10] cctrieloff: those are the days that the EMO has rooms booked
[12:10] Karlr: I think they are on the Sunday
[12:10] Karlr: But I would also assume they will be used
[12:11] cctrieloff: I guess we could ask bjorn for some other day and she
what we can get
[12:11] Karlr: And is everyone going to be there on the sunday ?
[12:11] Karlr: Thats really hy I suggested Monday
[12:11] Karlr: Any other suggestions ?
[12:11] DavidBosschaert: Currently people from Dublin arrive Monday Morning
and leave Friday night, but we could change flights...
[12:12] Karlr: How about Monday afternoon if we can get a room ?
[12:13] *** boisvert has joined #eclipseSTP.
[12:14] sdaume: sounds good
[12:15] Karlr: Ok so far then its Monday afternoon (if wee can get a room)
sound ok to everyone ??
[12:15] DavidBosschaert: I would prefer another day...
[12:16] DavidBosschaert: But if I'm alone on this I'm willing to go for
Monday
[12:17] Karlr: Hmm, looking at the EclipseCon site and track details it
looks like the member and board meetings are all on the Monday so thats
out...
[12:19] Karlr: So its either Sunday or Friday by the look of it
[12:19] Karlr: Or one evening
[12:21] Karlr: Ok well lets take this offline and see what we can do
[12:21] Karlr: Next Item
Any updates on the Build System ?
[12:21] oisin: currently there's a conversation on the mailing list re
naming conventions
[12:22] Karlr: Yes I saw it - from Daniel Berg.. btw does he know about this
IRC ?
[12:22] oisin: this is something that we should sort out before we go to
structuring CVS -- cf Naci's mail
[12:22] Karlr: agreed
[12:22] oisin: I've emailed Dan to see if he can participate here. If not we
do it by email.
[12:22] Karlr: ok
[12:22] oisin: We will go with the PDE build approach once we get a
structure sorted out.
[12:23] Karlr: ok
[12:23] devang: yes he knows and he is busy. I am representing him on this
IRC.
[12:23] Karlr: ok great - do you want to take up his cause on the naming
issue ?
[12:24] oisin: well I can summarize...
[12:24] devang: yes so he wanted to make sure that we have commit guidlines
before we go on
[12:24] DavidBosschaert: The plain commit rules are in CVS now
[12:24] DavidBosschaert: I think what he refers to is coding guidelines as
well.
[12:25] oisin: naming specifically
[12:25] devang: yes naming conventions
[12:25] oisin: the point being that we don't have crisp subprojects like
other projects
[12:25] oisin: so our naming conventions are not as plain
[12:26] oisin: implication is that we need to decide on them in such a way
that they uniquely identify our plugins
[12:26] oisin: naci followed up with wtp conventions, which include using
'internal' to refer to non-API elements
[12:27] oisin: however, the plugin<->subproject mapping is clear there, and
not as clear with stp
[12:27] oisin: I will take an action item to follow up on the mailing list
with a proposal for discussion on our naming conventions.
[12:28] Karlr: ok that sounds good
[12:28] devang: also use *.ui* and *.test* in naming
[12:28] oisin: with the aim to bring the issue to a close by early next week
[12:28] oisin: or earlier :)
[12:29] oisin: agreed devang
[12:30] oisin: no more to add - any questions?
[12:32] Karlr: Ok are there any other items for discussion?
[12:33] devang: updates on Build System ?
[12:34] oisin: repeat: We will go with the PDE build approach once we get a
structure sorted out.
[12:34] oisin: next step to get the naming to create the CVS structure
[12:36] Karlr: And that will be done via Email on the mailing list as
mentioned earlier
[12:37] Karlr: Ok any other items for discussion then ?
[12:39] *** DavidBosschaert has left #eclipseSTP.
[12:39] Karlr: Ok I will post the transcript on the newgroup - until next
time..
[12:39] *** devang has signed off IRC ().
[12:39] *** RobCernich has left #eclipseSTP.
[12:39] *** askehill has left #eclipseSTP.
Previous Topic:IRC transcript from todays session
Next Topic:IRC Transcript from today's session 22feb06
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Dec 18 07:20:46 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software