Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Generate report via web page link
Generate report via web page link [message #368604] Sun, 14 June 2009 21:46 Go to next message
star is currently offline starFriend
I am new to the Eclipse BIRT Report and like to confirm if clicking a link
on a web page can execute a BIRT reports dynamically using Eclipse BIRT
Reporting tool?
Re: Generate report via web page link [message #368606 is a reply to message #368604] Mon, 15 June 2009 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: johnw.innoventsolutions.com

Not withing Eclipse. But you can have a BIRT report sitting on a web
server and have a BIRT report engine or viewer running on there to run
reports.

John

star wrote:
> I am new to the Eclipse BIRT Report and like to confirm if clicking a
> link on a web page can execute a BIRT reports dynamically using Eclipse
> BIRT Reporting tool?
>
>
Re: Generate report via web page link [message #990557 is a reply to message #368606] Thu, 13 December 2012 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g kumar is currently offline g kumarFriend
Hi,
I have created some BIRT reports. I want to access those reports from a web page where all those reports will be appear as hyperlinks.

I have used the syntax in href with <a> </a> tags as in attachment

Birt folder contains the report file inside WebApps folder

But when clicking on the hyperlink, the message is coming like no report design object found.

But whenever I am running the report individually in browser, it is showing through Birt Viewer

Could anybody suggest the solution

Thanks
Re: Generate report via web page link [message #990753 is a reply to message #990557] Fri, 14 December 2012 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Try a double underscore '__' before report, rather than the single underscore you have.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Generate report via web page link [message #990945 is a reply to message #990753] Sat, 15 December 2012 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks . Its working.
Re: Generate report via web page link [message #991262 is a reply to message #990945] Tue, 18 December 2012 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Is it possible to certain columns from different dimensions and certain measures from the fact to prepare a report from a cube instead of dragging the whole cube...
Its like preparing a cube and then generating different reports from that cube by using different cols

Thanks & Regards
Re: Generate report via web page link [message #991358 is a reply to message #991262] Tue, 18 December 2012 17:25 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm not certain I'm understanding. If you're talking about creating a crosstab with only some of the dimensions and measures from a cube, rather than dragging the cube into your design, you can pull a crosstab from the palette and drag just the dimensions and measures you want to use into it. Let me know if I'm mistaken on what you're asking.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Connection Pool in Birt
Next Topic:Height of Report Viewer embedded in iframe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:07:16 GMT 2024