Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBotPreferences
SWTBotPreferences [message #37093] Wed, 27 May 2009 11:19 Go to next message
Etienne  is currently offline Etienne
Messages: 13
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Ketan,

I've just discovered the work you've done into SWTBotPreferences class.

What do you think about adding VELOCITY and DEFAULT_POOL_DELAY (now into
SWTBotFactory)constants into this class?

Regards

Etienne
Re: SWTBotPreferences [message #37127 is a reply to message #37093] Wed, 27 May 2009 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan Padegaonkar
Messages: 873
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Could you elaborate on what you want them to do ?

-- Ketan

On 27/5/09 20:49, Etienne wrote:
> Ketan,
>
> I've just discovered the work you've done into SWTBotPreferences class.
>
> What do you think about adding VELOCITY and DEFAULT_POOL_DELAY (now into
> SWTBotFactory)constants into this class?
>
> Regards
>
> Etienne
>
>
Re: SWTBotPreferences [message #37160 is a reply to message #37127] Thu, 28 May 2009 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne  is currently offline Etienne
Messages: 13
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Here is the code :


--> For POOL_DELAY

In class SWTBotFactory, I think we could set
public static final long DEFAULT_POLL_DELAY = 500;
as deprecated

In class SWTBotPreference

public static final String KEY_POLL_DELAY =
"org.eclipse.swtbot.search.pooldelay";

public static long POOL_DELAY =
toLong(System.getProperty(KEY_POOL_DELAY, "500"), 500);


--> For VELOCITY

public static final String KEY_VELOCITY =
"org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay"

public static long VELOCITY = toLong(System.getProperty(KEY_VELOCITY,
"0"), 0);

Then, I'm not SWTBot expert enough to know where are all the access to
the property "org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay" to modify them into
access to SWTBotPreferences.VELOCITY variable.

Etienne


Ketan Padegaonkar a écrit :
> Could you elaborate on what you want them to do ?
>
> -- Ketan
>
> On 27/5/09 20:49, Etienne wrote:
>> Ketan,
>>
>> I've just discovered the work you've done into SWTBotPreferences class.
>>
>> What do you think about adding VELOCITY and DEFAULT_POOL_DELAY (now into
>> SWTBotFactory)constants into this class?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Etienne
>>
>>
>
Re: SWTBotPreferences [message #37297 is a reply to message #37160] Thu, 28 May 2009 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Patel is currently offline Ketan Patel
Messages: 68
Registered: July 2009
Member
There is already playback delay preference...wouldn't that be samething as
velocity:

/**
* The speed of playback in milliseconds. Defaults to 0. To set another
default, use the system property {@code
* org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay}.
*/
public static long PLAYBACK_DELAY =
toLong(System.getProperty(KEY_PLAYBACK_DELAY, "0"), 0);

http://github.com/ketan/swtbot/blob/662d51d1abc890d67a0ed405 8e9b46ff0ff002db/org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder/src/org/eclip se/swtbot/swt/finder/utils/SWTBotPreferences.java

Etienne wrote:

> --> For VELOCITY

> public static final String KEY_VELOCITY =
> "org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay"

> public static long VELOCITY = toLong(System.getProperty(KEY_VELOCITY,
> "0"), 0);

> Then, I'm not SWTBot expert enough to know where are all the access to
> the property "org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay" to modify them into
> access to SWTBotPreferences.VELOCITY variable.

> Etienne
Re: SWTBotPreferences [message #37465 is a reply to message #37297] Fri, 29 May 2009 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne  is currently offline Etienne
Messages: 13
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thanks for your answer.
I never made the link between velocity and playback delay (!)

What do you think about a new static POOL_DELAY variable?

Etienne

Ketan Patel a écrit :
> There is already playback delay preference...wouldn't that be samething
> as velocity:
>
> /**
> * The speed of playback in milliseconds. Defaults to 0. To set another
> default, use the system property {@code
> * org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay}.
> */
> public static long PLAYBACK_DELAY =
> toLong(System.getProperty(KEY_PLAYBACK_DELAY, "0"), 0);
>
> http://github.com/ketan/swtbot/blob/662d51d1abc890d67a0ed405 8e9b46ff0ff002db/org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder/src/org/eclip se/swtbot/swt/finder/utils/SWTBotPreferences.java
>
>
> Etienne wrote:
>
>> --> For VELOCITY
>
>> public static final String KEY_VELOCITY =
>> "org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay"
>
>> public static long VELOCITY = toLong(System.getProperty(KEY_VELOCITY,
>> "0"), 0);
>
>> Then, I'm not SWTBot expert enough to know where are all the access to
>> the property "org.eclipse.swtbot.playback.delay" to modify them into
>> access to SWTBotPreferences.VELOCITY variable.
>
>> Etienne
>
>
>
Re: SWTBotPreferences [message #37498 is a reply to message #37465] Fri, 29 May 2009 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan Padegaonkar
Messages: 873
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 29/5/09 12:57, Etienne wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
> I never made the link between velocity and playback delay (!)

This was documented here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/FAQ

> What do you think about a new static POOL_DELAY variable?

Done!

http://github.com/ketan/swtbot/commit/e62c52a16b0ce4be983ed8 9e24901126d658e844

--
Ketan
http://studios.thoughtworks.com/twist | http://twitter.com/ketanpkr
Re: SWTBotPreferences [message #37564 is a reply to message #37498] Fri, 29 May 2009 07:48 Go to previous message
Etienne  is currently offline Etienne
Messages: 13
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thanks!

Ketan Padegaonkar a écrit :
> On 29/5/09 12:57, Etienne wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer.
>> I never made the link between velocity and playback delay (!)
>
> This was documented here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/FAQ
>
>> What do you think about a new static POOL_DELAY variable?
>
> Done!
>
> http://github.com/ketan/swtbot/commit/e62c52a16b0ce4be983ed8 9e24901126d658e844
>
>
Previous Topic:New SWTBot release
Next Topic:Steps to run swtBot test via ant
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 27 21:16:42 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04838 seconds