Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:
> I'm trying to generate the p2 metadata for a Babel update site, and it's
> not completing. The CPU is pegged at 100% and the artifacts.xml file
> grows, then shrinks, then grows, etc.
> Actually, if you refresh this page, you will see it in action:
> http://build.eclipse.org/technology/babel/test-updates/galil eo/
> The command I'm using is this:
> eclipse/eclipse -application
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator.EclipseGenerator -updateSite
> /shared/technology/babel/test-updates/galileo/ -site
> -metadataRepositoryName "Babel language packs update site" -append
> -reusePack200Files -vmargs -Xmx256m
> I'm using eclipse-platform-3.4.2 and I get the same results on Linux
> x86_64 and Linux ppc.
I've also tried Eclipse 3.5M6 with the same results. If I remove the
MASSIVE plugins/ and features/ directories, the generation takes a
fraction of a second.