Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Preferences: bugs and REF's for 3.4.2?
Preferences: bugs and REF's for 3.4.2? [message #335594] Wed, 15 April 2009 23:10 Go to next message
Karsten Wutzke is currently offline Karsten WutzkeFriend
Messages: 112
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi all,

I've just installed and configured Eclipse for Java EE Developers. I
noticed a few thing that I wanted to ensure they are bugs before I submit
them. Everything focusses on the preferences under "Window" ->
"Preferences":

1. Hit "Java" -> "Code Style" -> "Formatter", then click "Edit...", hit
tab "New Lines". In the group "Array initializers" there are two
checkboxes, the upper says "Insert new line after opening brace of array
initializer". When checking that, the new line is entered correctly,
however the indentation thereafter is set to *two* tabs instead of one. I
looked if I have another option set in all the formatting, but I couldn't
find any. To me it looks like a (small) bug.


2. Hit "General" -> "Editors" -> "Text Editors" -> "Annotations". I have
two things here:


2.1 First in the annotation types, there are double entries:

Occurrences (org.eclipse.jdt.ui.occurrences)
Occurrences (org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.occurrences)

and

Override indicators (org.eclipse.jdt.ui.overrideIndicators)
Override indicators (org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.overrideIndicators)

Both double entries are linked to each other, both changing each other.
This probably isn't supposed that way!

2.2 I only tried with the occurrences so far, but when changing the color
and then pressing OK *doesn't* change the setting immediately, but only
when restarting Eclipse. Probably not intended either. Maybe this boils
down to the double entries somehow conflicting with each other...?


3. RFE not bug: in the prefs window hit Java -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring.
I have three (two?) things here:

3.1 In the preview window the example class name ist "ClassName", a bite
to the right the implemented interface is named "Interface". This should
be "InterfaceName". It also confuses you at first because "interface" is a
reserved Java keyword.

3.2 Expand the Java tree node. I would like to see if the method parameter
types can be set as an independent option, too. Search for "Parameter
variables" an toggle the Enable checkbox to see where I am in the preview
code. The "Parameter type" (class name) should be configurable as well.

3.3 Another small bug here is with the "Classes" configuration element. As
you toggle it, you'll see that both <E> generics after the ClassName and
for the local non-static field isn't adjusted. As the Parameter type is a
class here as well it could also be added to the "Classes" element to
resolve 3.2.

Karsten
Re: Preferences: bugs and REF's for 3.4.2? [message #335596 is a reply to message #335594] Thu, 16 April 2009 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just installed and configured Eclipse for Java EE Developers. I
> noticed a few thing that I wanted to ensure they are bugs before I
> submit them. Everything focusses on the preferences under "Window" ->
> "Preferences":
>
> 1. Hit "Java" -> "Code Style" -> "Formatter", then click "Edit...",
> hit tab "New Lines". In the group "Array initializers" there are two
> checkboxes, the upper says "Insert new line after opening brace of
> array initializer". When checking that, the new line is entered
> correctly, however the indentation thereafter is set to *two* tabs
> instead of one. I looked if I have another option set in all the
> formatting, but I couldn't find any. To me it looks like a (small) bug.
If you have reproducible steps based on top of Eclipse SDK, then please
file a bug against JDT Core.
>
>
> 2. Hit "General" -> "Editors" -> "Text Editors" -> "Annotations". I
> have two things here:
>
>
> 2.1 First in the annotation types, there are double entries:
>
> Occurrences (org.eclipse.jdt.ui.occurrences)
> Occurrences (org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.occurrences)
>
> and
>
> Override indicators (org.eclipse.jdt.ui.overrideIndicators)
> Override indicators (org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.overrideIndicators)
>
> Both double entries are linked to each other, both changing each
> other. This probably isn't supposed that way!
This looks like a bug in the JSDT component. Please file a bug there.
>
> 2.2 I only tried with the occurrences so far, but when changing the
> color and then pressing OK *doesn't* change the setting immediately,
> but only when restarting Eclipse. Probably not intended either. Maybe
> this boils down to the double entries somehow conflicting with each
> other...?
>
>
> 3. RFE not bug: in the prefs window hit Java -> Editor -> Syntax
> Coloring. I have three (two?) things here:
OK, so please file the RFE ;-)

Dani
>
> 3.1 In the preview window the example class name ist "ClassName", a
> bite to the right the implemented interface is named "Interface". This
> should be "InterfaceName". It also confuses you at first because
> "interface" is a reserved Java keyword.
>
> 3.2 Expand the Java tree node. I would like to see if the method
> parameter types can be set as an independent option, too. Search for
> "Parameter variables" an toggle the Enable checkbox to see where I am
> in the preview code. The "Parameter type" (class name) should be
> configurable as well.
>
> 3.3 Another small bug here is with the "Classes" configuration
> element. As you toggle it, you'll see that both <E> generics after the
> ClassName and for the local non-static field isn't adjusted. As the
> Parameter type is a class here as well it could also be added to the
> "Classes" element to resolve 3.2.
>
> Karsten
>
Re: Preferences: bugs and REF's for 3.4.2? [message #335631 is a reply to message #335596] Fri, 17 April 2009 04:28 Go to previous message
Karsten Wutzke is currently offline Karsten WutzkeFriend
Messages: 112
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thanks for replying,

bug reports and RFE's were filed under

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=272612
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=272614
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=272628

Karsten
Previous Topic:different colored highlights
Next Topic:Assign ".a.b" extention to my editor?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Dec 18 21:50:44 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01794 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software