|Files copied from src to bin on compile - config? [message #335575]
||Wed, 15 April 2009 10:32
| Bruno Melloni
Registered: July 2009
I noticed a strange behavior with Eclipse's normal build mechanism:|
- Using Ganymede
- The project type is Java Project
- The project is use to produce a libary jar.
- The project is referenced by other projects during their build/deploy.
- The project contains a .properties and a .cfg.xml files under /src.
- During a build, the .properties file is copied to /bin, the .xml file is
- During an export to JAR, both files properly show at the root of the jar
- which puts them properly in the classpath.
- When referenced by another project, the .xml files is not found in the
classpath - probably because it was not copied to /bin.
1) Is there an Eclipse configuration item to tell it what file types to
copy from /src to /bin during compile? If so, where?
2) If not, what is the proper location to place project config files so
that Eclipse will correctly place them in the classpath when the project
is referenced by another project or included in the deployment of a
referencing project to an app server (i.e.: web app using the library)?
3) If Eclipse isn't capable of doing either (1) or (2), is the only
alternative abandoning Eclipse build/deploys and switch to either Ant or
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.09335 seconds