|GBK encoding on console output [message #33169]
||Thu, 23 July 2009 01:42
| david chen
Registered: July 2009
Hi, I've been using Eclipse for 6 months now doing Mobile development. |
Great tool! Good Job!!
Now I've encountered a problem that I would like to share with everyone
I'm using a Chinese edition of Windows XP, service pack 3. Doing J2ME
development, I normally use the Sun WTK 2.5.2 for device emulation. In
order to get Chinese output on the console when running my application on
the WTK emulator, I need to set the "Run Configuration"->console encoding
to GBK. I'm also running a J2EE project in the same environment, as part
of my server side application.
To make a long story short, I must set my workspace text file encoding to
UTF-8 in order for things to work. All of my projects are also set to
UTF-8 encoding. However, the Run configuration setup does not give me the
GBK option for console encoding. This means that i will not be able to
get readable debug messages on the screen.
I did however, find a work around to this solution. if I set my workspace
to GBK (that the default), and my J2ME project to GBK, then the option for
GBK shows up in the "Run Configuration" for console output. I then
specificly select it ( don't use the "inherited" option), and go back to
my workspace and projects, set them back to UTF-8, then the console output
will stay at GBK.
This sounds like a bug to me. Eclipse should just make all the encodings
available to the user, shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the
desired console encoding...
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.04272 seconds