Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Integrating TCL with Eclipse.
Integrating TCL with Eclipse. [message #31732] Tue, 30 September 2008 01:45 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: nospam.gmail.com

Hello.
I am a newbie to Eclipse and Tcl, but I am have been using Eclipse for last
few months and I came to know that TCL could be integrated into Eclipse. I
tried for last three days and in vain. This is the configuration
1) Eclipse 3.4.1 [ I had 3.2 but the download page said that I need 3.4.
minimum for DLTK integration.]
2) I unzipped teh following zips and copied teh contents to the c:\eclipse
dltk-itcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
dltk-mylyn-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
dltk-tcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation

Yes. exactly, I dont know, what I am doing but following some docs. I was
assuming that restarting eclipse should should allow me to see TCL
preferences and in File--PRojects, but I dont see anything.

can anybody help me here?
Re: Integrating TCL with Eclipse. [message #31766 is a reply to message #31732] Tue, 30 September 2008 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrei Sobolev is currently offline Andrei Sobolev
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Manny,

Actually you've missed DLTK core plugin, it is required by DLTK TCL.

You can download it with following link:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/ R0.95/R-0.95.1-200809201836/dltk-core-R-0.95.1-200809201836- incubation.zip

After installing plugins please run Eclipse with "-clean" argument.

Best regards,
Andrei Sobolev.


> Hello.
> I am a newbie to Eclipse and Tcl, but I am have been using Eclipse for
> last few months and I came to know that TCL could be integrated into
> Eclipse.'I tried for last three days and in vain. This is the
> configuration
> 1) Eclipse 3.4.1 [ I had 3.2 but the download page said that I need 3.4.
> minimum for DLTK integration.]
> 2) I unzipped teh following zips and copied teh contents to the c:\eclipse
> dltk-itcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
> dltk-mylyn-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
> dltk-tcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
>
> Yes. exactly, I dont know, what I am doing but following some docs. I
> was assuming that restarting eclipse should should allow me to see TCL
> preferences and in File--PRojects, but I dont see anything.
>
> can anybody help me here?
Re: Integrating TCL with Eclipse. [message #31800 is a reply to message #31766] Tue, 30 September 2008 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: nospam.gmail.com

Andrei.
I was thinking that "Core" was the actual Eclipse Platform and I was
avoiding that.
Now that I installed it, its working now. I can see TCL in
Window--Preferences.

Do you think that DLTK/TCL will work with Eclipse 3.2? or as I read in
newsgroups, its only compatible with 3.4.1.

comments?
Thanks


"Andrei Sobolev" <haiodo@xored.com> wrote in message
news:gbs24q$8r2$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Manny,
>
> Actually you've missed DLTK core plugin, it is required by DLTK TCL.
>
> You can download it with following link:
> http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/ R0.95/R-0.95.1-200809201836/dltk-core-R-0.95.1-200809201836- incubation.zip
>
> After installing plugins please run Eclipse with "-clean" argument.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrei Sobolev.
>
>
>> Hello.
>> I am a newbie to Eclipse and Tcl, but I am have been using Eclipse for
>> last few months and I came to know that TCL could be integrated into
>> Eclipse.'I tried for last three days and in vain. This is the
>> configuration
>> 1) Eclipse 3.4.1 [ I had 3.2 but the download page said that I need 3.4.
>> minimum for DLTK integration.]
>> 2) I unzipped teh following zips and copied teh contents to the
>> c:\eclipse
>> dltk-itcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
>> dltk-mylyn-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
>> dltk-tcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
>>
>> Yes. exactly, I dont know, what I am doing but following some docs. I was
>> assuming that restarting eclipse should should allow me to see TCL
>> preferences and in File--PRojects, but I dont see anything.
>>
>> can anybody help me here?
Re: Integrating TCL with Eclipse. [message #31834 is a reply to message #31800] Tue, 30 September 2008 05:34 Go to previous message
Alex Panchenko is currently offline Alex Panchenko
Messages: 342
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

DLTK 0.95 is compatible with 3.3 it will not run on 3.2

Regards,
Alex

Manny wrote:
> Andrei.
> I was thinking that "Core" was the actual Eclipse Platform and I was
> avoiding that.
> Now that I installed it, its working now. I can see TCL in
> Window--Preferences.
>
> Do you think that DLTK/TCL will work with Eclipse 3.2? or as I read in
> newsgroups, its only compatible with 3.4.1.
>
> comments?
> Thanks
>
>
> "Andrei Sobolev" <haiodo@xored.com> wrote in message
> news:gbs24q$8r2$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi Manny,
>>
>> Actually you've missed DLTK core plugin, it is required by DLTK TCL.
>>
>> You can download it with following link:
>> http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/ R0.95/R-0.95.1-200809201836/dltk-core-R-0.95.1-200809201836- incubation.zip
>>
>>
>> After installing plugins please run Eclipse with "-clean" argument.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andrei Sobolev.
>>
>>
>>> Hello.
>>> I am a newbie to Eclipse and Tcl, but I am have been using Eclipse
>>> for last few months and I came to know that TCL could be integrated
>>> into Eclipse.'I tried for last three days and in vain. This is the
>>> configuration
>>> 1) Eclipse 3.4.1 [ I had 3.2 but the download page said that I need
>>> 3.4. minimum for DLTK integration.]
>>> 2) I unzipped teh following zips and copied teh contents to the
>>> c:\eclipse
>>> dltk-itcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
>>> dltk-mylyn-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
>>> dltk-tcl-R-0.95.1-200809201836-incubation
>>>
>>> Yes. exactly, I dont know, what I am doing but following some docs. I
>>> was assuming that restarting eclipse should should allow me to see
>>> TCL preferences and in File--PRojects, but I dont see anything.
>>>
>>> can anybody help me here?
>
Previous Topic:ICompletionEngine: IAssistParser and ISourceModule
Next Topic:Extern Validators
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Sep 20 22:09:34 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01633 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software