Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: scout
 Topic: [Oxygen] Webservices with Apache CXF don't build anymore
[Oxygen] Webservices with Apache CXF don't build anymore [message #1768681] Fri, 21 July 2017 12:40
Benjamin Schulte is currently offline Benjamin SchulteFriend
Hello,

in Scout Neon, I implemented a webservice. Because I use Tomcat, I decided to bundle Apache CXF to the Scout Application like described in the Technical Guide.

<!-- JAX-WS Apache CXF -->
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
  <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
  <version>...</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
  <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
  <version>...</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
  <artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
  <version>...</version>
</dependency>

Now with Scout 7, building is not possible any more because duplicate-finder finds a problem:

Quote:
Found duplicate and different classes in [commons-logging:commons-logging:1.2, org.slf4j:jcl-over-slf4j:1.7.25]

commons-logging is added to the project by spring-web, while Scout adds jcl-over-slf4j.

What is your recommended approach to get the build done? I could suppress the error, but I wanted to ask if there is another solution.
 Topic: SmartField and Lookup call
SmartField and Lookup call [message #1768613] Thu, 20 July 2017 15:06
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi all,
I defined a lookupcall to make a sql select on a table on my DataBase, unfortunately for some key return more then 1000 rows and for other less then 200 rows (the range is between 80 to 6600).
The smartfield show only a small part of them.

I want use a incremental load mode but I can't locate when the user arrives at the last element in the smartfield list to load the next range of rows.

Any suggestions how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions
 Topic: Most abstract GUI component for us to customize?
Most abstract GUI component for us to customize? [message #1768429] Tue, 18 July 2017 15:02
Marius Tippkämper is currently offline Marius TippkämperFriend
We are developing the web frontend for a Scout application. We have a specific plan as to how the GUI should look. It seems there is no component which fits our needs exactly, so we will have to customize one of the available ones. So right now I am trying to figure out which GUI component is best suited for what we want to do.

I'll try to explain what we need (I hope I'm using the correct names for things):
The idea is that after a certain GUI interaction a new Form comes sliding in from the right, mostly but not completely covering the previous Form. Then, after another interaction, yet another Form comes sliding in, and so on. In the end it may look like when you spread playing cards from left to right on the table.

I looked at Views and Dialogs, and of course they are both heavily controlled by JavaScript and not easily stripped of all the functionality we don't want (e.g. resizability). What we need is something more simple/abstract which still contains the functionality (backend connectivity, ability to instantiate more of its kind) of its specialized inheritors. Ideally, we would have an empty div for us to put other components in, without the ability to be resized, dragged around, etc.

Am I right in assuming I can just extend AbstractLayout with a layout of my own?
If this is correct, is there a place where can I get documentation about the process?

Thanks a lot!

Marius

Current Time: Sat Jul 22 08:49:42 GMT 2017