|Beginner Help: Europa and Preview Server [message #196053]
||Wed, 11 July 2007 10:57
Originally posted by: sgilbert.occ.cccd.edu|
From reading the Europa release notes I got the impression that I could
use the built-in embedded Jetty Preview server to develop and view both
JSP and servlets (without installing an extra application server such as
Tomcat). If that's not possible, could someone let me know.
I'm trying to do the simplest thing that could possibly work, (Hello
World) and not having a lot of success. Here's what I've done:
1. Downloaded Europa for J2EE developers
2. Created a dynamic Web project
3. Selected J2EE Preview as the runtime with default configuration
4. Dynamic Web Module and Java 6 selected as Facets
5. Add a new JSP file (html markup) named index.jsp
6. When I run the JSP file, I get this error:
I can find this class inside the plugins directory in the appropriate jar
file, which makes me think that this is something I'm doing wrong in the
In addition, I tried adding a "Hello World" servlet and the Preview server
was unable to find the class file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.