|TPTP 4.5 Profiling crash (Sun, Vista) [message #135783]
||Tue, 16 September 2008 07:21
| Johan Van Noten
Registered: July 2009
- Windows Vista SP1
- Eclipse 3.4
- TPTP 4.5
- Sun JRE 1.6.0_07 or Sun JDK 1.5.0_15
Profile own bundles in an Equinox framework based project.
I never used TPTP before. (Could be part of the problem as well.)
When I try it, it consistently causes VM crash at launch of the project.
"Java2 SE 1.5 platform doesn't work anymore".
Unhandled exception at 0x770681cb in java.exe:
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000004.
- Both Sun VM versions 1.5 and 1.6.
I took the same VM for Eclipse as for the Run.
- Tried to follow the TPTP installation procdure in detail.
Most is about Agent installer, but I suppose I use IAC.
- Forum suggested IBM SDK iso Sun,
but that's not available on a non-IBM machine.
- Verified necessary agent ports in firewall.
They seem to be open.
- Looked for updates, none available (dd. 2008-09-14).
- Browsed through numerous news articles (dev.eclipse.org) all pointing
out this or similar issue but without solutions.
- Looked for similar Bugzilla entry.
This looks like an 'out-of-the-box' scenario to me.
What to investigate next?
Any information that you would like me to produce?