| Virgo Tomcat Server 3.5.0 repository host returns 404 [message #930770]
||Tue, 02 October 2012 12:23
| Kevin Beasley
Registered: October 2012
Right off, let me say that I _know_ that this is supposed to work. I have gone through the user documentation many times trying to see where the issue is. I have searched this forum and read every post about repositories that I can find. |
There is obviously something that I am missing, but I just cannot see it. Please help!
Steps to recreate:
1. Fresh install VTS 3.5.0 on linux machine.
2. edit configuration/org.eclipse.virgo.apps.repository.properties to contain the following 2 lines:
3. Create directory /home/devtools/hosted-virgo-repository
4. Copy a bundle to /home/devtools/hosted-virgo-repository. This bundle, if found by a VTS client, will fulfill a dependency requirement for a bundle that will be deployed on the client.
5. Start the VTS server on the linux machine. No errors in the logs, everything looks green from here.
6. Fresh install of VTS 3.5.0 on Windows 7 machine. This is the repository client.
7. edit configuration/org.eclipse.virgo.repository.properties. Add a remote repository pointing to the VTS repo server, and up date the chain to reference it. The actual hostname of the repo server resolves via DNS.
8. Start the VTS on the Windows 7 machine.
9. The client sends a request to the repo server, gets a 404 back.
If there is any information I can provide, please let me know.