|[wikitext] Use Wikitext with Maven/Tycho [message #797823]
||Mon, 13 February 2012 18:13
|| Jens von Pilgrim
Registered: July 2009
I'm trying to set up an automatic build using Wikitext and Maven/Tycho.
Has anyone done that before?
The main problem is not use call the Wikitext anttasks from within
Maven, but how to retrieve them in the first place.
I found an example ant file not only executing the Wikitext anttasks,
but also downloading them when needed (an old Xtext ant task, seee ).
It seems as if this ant script is no longer maintained, as it contains
some bugs and some download locations are not available anymore.
Besides, as I'm using Tycho, all other (Eclipse) dependencies are
defined using p2 repositories, which is rather easy to handle.
I have included the Wikitext anttask into my Maven script, similar to
the Maven script of the Wikitext help.ui pom :
<fileset dir="src/textiles" includes="**/*.textile"/>
This is not working, as the resource
"org/eclipse/mylyn/wikitext/core/util/anttask/tasks.properties" is not
found in the taskdef task. This properties file is part of the
org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.core bundle, so I tried to let Maven download
that bundle somehow.
I have tried to add the Maven update site to the list of repositories as
This does not work as the update site is not a Maven repository:
[WARNING] The POM for
missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for
is missing, no dependency information available
So I changed the layout to p2:
With this setting, the wikitext bundle is successfully downloaded when a
plugin dependency such as
is defined. However, in my case it is not a plugin dependency, but the
ant task defined in this plugin is required during build time. That is,
the bundle is available for compilation purposes, but not for loading
classes from it via taskdef.
In , the following dependency
can be resolved, but unlike the wikitext build system, the wikitext
artifact is not created in my build. Apparently, Maven cannot resolve a
dependency using the artifactId when the artifact is a bundle and the
repository is a p2 update site. Or do I simply have to change the
Maybe it comes down to the question on how to enable third party
anttasks defined in a p2 repository and defined with ant's taskdef, to
be used in a Maven/Tycho build.