|MoDisco Workflow [message #656569]
||Sat, 26 February 2011 16:02
Registered: February 2011
As I am quite new to the modeling stuff - especially with MoDisco, ATL and Acceleo - I tried to read some docu and tutorials.
I'd appreciate some hints or best practices concerning the following steps.
I'd like to do the following steps.
1) Create a PSM from a Java Project. I can do this with the MoDisco Discoverer to create a detailed Java Model.
2) I'd like to create PIM from this Java Model.
So far I am Using the KDM Discoverer first, and then the KDM2UML Discoverer.
Is there any direct way from Java-PSM to UML? I read the SimpleTransformationChain -Docu in MoDisco Wiki which shows some Setup with ATL and ATL-Module Files like "KDM2UML.atl" in the Run Configurations. Are these files available? Guess there are different Module Files for different Transformations? Or do I have to write the file on my own?
3) To create a PIM with UML I'd use ATL to create a UML-Model. Therefor I need to transform the Java PSM.
So I'd like to create a personalized ATL Configuration which transforms the Java-Model into a UML-Model containing only platform independent information.
4) In the next step I'd like to enrich the UML-Model again with new information for a target PSM (e.g. add annotations) so I'd like to do a transformation from UML to a JAVA-Model again.
5) Use Acceleo to generate code from the new PSM.
Would this be a valid Use Case for MoDisco?
I'am using Eclipse Helios SR2 with MoDisco 0.8.2 so far.
Many thanks in advance.
[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2011 16:03]
Report message to a moderator