Last revised $Date: 2010/01/12 11:10:37 $
This plan is under continuous refinement. Please send comments about this plan to the firstname.lastname@example.org developer mailing list.
This section lists the goals for Eclipse 3.6 for the Platform
Search component as listed on the
Eclipse Project 3.6 Draft Plan.
 Scaling Up.
Monitor overall performance and memory consumption which includes the addition of new performance tests for new features.
 Design for Extensibility.
Provide APIs for clients where needed.
 Ease of Use.
Make sure we run on the e4 compatibility layer.
 Platform Support.
Make sure we run Windows 7.
This section lists the possible work items for Eclipse 3.6 for the Platform Search component
with the [corresponding theme].
Some of those items have a higher priority than others.
Windows 7 Support 
- test pass on Windows 7 Dani: 1w
- fix bugs that arise during test pass Dani: 1w
Adopt New Platform Features 
- make sure that we run on the e4 compatibility layer 1w
- test our bundles against it
- help to investigate and fix bugs in the compatibility layer
- BiDi: fix incorrect search result rendering (bug 222889, depends on SWT bug 229010) 2d
- review external contribution for text search outside workspace (bug 192767) 1w
- 3.5.x maintenance work 1d
Cross Team Issues
This section contains cross team issues that have to be clarified. The
concrete outcome affects the plan items listed above.
- bug 229010 needs to be fixed in order to fix wrong search result rendering for BiDi languages