Eclipse Foundation News
- Eclipse Newsletter - Using the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) posted May 24, 2013
In this month's newsletter we feature tutorials that will help you understand the basics of the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF), and show you how get started with the EMF Client Platform and the EMFStore.
- Eclipse Testing Day 2013: Mobile Testing - Call for Papers and Sponsors posted May 23, 2013
Eclipse Testing Day is scheduled for September 25, in Darmstadt, Germany. The call for papers and sponsors has started! Click here to submit a proposal or become a sponsor.
- EclipseCon France Program and Keynotes Announced posted May 06, 2013
The technical program and the keynotes speakers for the first EclipseCon France have been announced. Join us in Toulouse on June 5-6, 2013.
- Attend a Kepler DemoCamp or Hackathon this June posted Apr 15, 2013
To mark the Kepler Simultaneous Release, Eclipse community members are organizing DemoCamps and Hackathons around the world between June 1 -30. Sign up to attend one in your city, see the DemoCamp/Hackathon wiki.
- Register for the Eclipse Spring 2013 Training Series posted Mar 22, 2013
The Eclipse member companies are pleased to announce the Spring 2013 Training Series. These training classes are an excellent opportunity for software developers and architects to learn more about Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP), Eclipse4 RCP, Eclipse BIRT, Building OSGI/RCP applications with Maven/Tycho and Modeling Technologies.
- Eclipse Newsletter - BIRT and Big Data posted Apr 26, 2013
Find out how to use BIRT to visualize data from Hadoop, Cassandra and MongoDB in this month's issue of the Eclipse Newsletter.
- EclipseCon France - Early-Bird Selections posted Apr 08, 2013
Five talks were accepted from the early-bird submissions. Congratulations to the presenters! The deadline for submissions is next Monday, April 15.
- Eclipse Day Florence posted Apr 24, 2013
Eclipse Day Florence will take place on May 10, 2013 in Florence, Italy. View the full agenda and register here.
- Complete Eclipse Community Survey before May 10 posted Apr 12, 2013
Please take 5 - 10 minutes of your time to tell us how you are using Eclipse and open source software by completing the Eclipse Community Survey. Participation deadline is May 10, 2013.
- Eclipse Newsletter - March 2013 posted Apr 03, 2013
Read the lastest issue of the Eclipse Newsletter. This month's theme is 'Introduction to Xtend - Java Unleashed'.
- Eclipse Community Award Winners Announced posted Mar 26, 2013
Congratulations to the winners of the Eclipse Community Awards.
- Eclipse Xtend 2.4 Adds Support for Android and Active Annotations posted Mar 20, 2013
The Eclipse Xtend project has released version 2.4 including support for Android development and Active Annotations.
- Orion 2.0 is now available posted Mar 01, 2013
Orion 2.0 is now available, featuring a node.js server, improve JS content assist and simplified editor embedding. More details.
- EclipseCon Starts in less than 1 Week; Register Now! posted Mar 18, 2013
EclipseCon 2013 starts March 25 in Boston, MA. Register today to attend the annual Eclipse community conference.
- Eclipse Community Awards 2013 - Finalists posted Mar 01, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation congratulates the finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Community Awards. The winners will be announced on March 25 during the Awards Ceremony at EclipseCon 2013.
- Eclipse Juno SR2 is now available for download posted Mar 01, 2013
The packages for the Juno SR2 release are now available for download.
- Eclipse Foundation Enables Long-Term Industrial Use of Eclipse posted Feb 20, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation has launched a new initiative to enable the infrastructure and ecosystem for the support of
Eclipse in industries that require Eclipse releases maintained over a very long time.
- Countdown Contest - EclipseCon and ALM Connect posted Feb 19, 2013
To countdown the weeks before EclipseCon and ALM Connect we will be giving away an All Access Pass to four lucky individuals! Enter Now
- Eclipse RAP Project Release 2.0 Now Supports Native Client Platform posted Feb 15, 2013
A new major release of the Eclipse Remote Application Platform (RAP) is now available for download.
- Plan to Attend the ALM Connect Executive Day posted Feb 11, 2013
Software executives are invited to attend the ALM Connect Executive Day that is being held March 27, 2013 in conjunction with ALM Connect and EclipseCon.
- Eclipse Foundation Enables LocationTech posted Feb 05, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation has launched a new industry working group to support user driven development of location aware systems. Read the press release to find out more.
- Eclipse Community Awards 2013 - Vote Now posted Jan 28, 2013
Nominations are closed for the Eclipse Community Awards. Find out who the nominees are and vote now!
- EclipseCon Early Registration Deadline is February 14; Register Today! posted Feb 11, 2013
The deadline for EclipseCon early registration is February 14. Register before the deadline and save $200.
- Announcing New Open Source Executive Summit at EclipseCon posted Jan 28, 2013
The Eclipse Foundation is organizing a special 1-day Open Source Executive Summit, at EclipseCon, for IT executives interested in learning more about open source software.
- Eclipse Foundation Announces Release of Hudson 3.0 posted Jan 23, 2013
Hudson 3.0 is now available, including new features to simplify installation and management.
- Board of Directors Elections posted Jan 15, 2013
Nominations are now open for the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors. To nominate someone as a committer
or sustaining member representative, send email to email@example.com.
- EclipseCon and ALM Connect Keynotes Announced posted Jan 15, 2013
EclipseCon and ALM Connect will feature keynote speakers from Redmonk, Forrester Research, Twitter, GitHub and Oracle.
- Planned Downtime for Eclipse.org on Feb. 9 posted Jan 11, 2013
All eclipse.org service will be offline on February 9, 2013 while our servers are moved to a new facility.
- EclipseCon 2013 Program Announced posted Dec 20, 2012
The technical program for the upcoming EclipseCon 2013 conference had been announced. The conference is being held March 25-28, 2013 in Boston, MA and will be co-located with the new Agile ALM Connect conference and the annual OSGi DevCon.
- ALM Connect Program Announced posted Dec 19, 2012
The program has been announced for the second annual ALM Connect conference, co-located with EclipseCon 2013. ALM Connect focuses on connecting the tools, agile methods and people across the software development lifecycle.
- Eclipse Community Awards 2013 posted Dec 10, 2012
Nominations are now open for the Eclipse Community Awards 2013! Nominate an individual, a project and or a technology. Deadline for nominations is January 24, 2013.
- Register Now for Eclipse Day at the Googleplex 2012 posted Nov 05, 2012
Eclipse Day at the Googleplex was a success! Thank you to Google, the speakers, the attendees and everyone else who contributed!
- New Eclipse Clothing Design posted Nov 26, 2012
The design contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a design.
- Eclipse November 2012 DemoCamps posted Dec 13, 2012
Thank you to the organizers, speakers and attendees for another great series of DemoCamps!
- Eclipse Survey: Big data, reporting and visualization posted Oct 23, 2012
This survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who contributed!
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Dec. 2 - Dec. 8 posted Nov 27, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamp will take place in Munich, Germany on Dec. 5.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Nov. 25 - Dec. 1 posted Nov 20, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamps include Berlin on Nov. 26, Bucharest on Nov. 28, Kassel and Boston on Nov. 29, and Vienna on Nov. 30.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Nov. 18 - 24 posted Nov 13, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamps include Bonn on Nov. 19, Dresden on Nov. 20, Toronto, Copenhagen, and Braunschweig on Nov. 21, Poznan on Nov. 22, Budapest and Pecs on Nov. 23, and Jarkata on Nov. 24.
- EclipseCon 2013: Call for Papers Deadline Nov. 19, 2012 posted Nov 06, 2012
The EclipseCon Call for Papers deadline is today! Submit your proposal now.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Nov 11 - 17 posted Nov 06, 2012
Next weeks' DemoCamps include Vancouver, Canada on November 13 and Hamburg, Germany on November 14.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: November 2012 posted Oct 23, 2012
The Eclipse Community is hosting Demo Camps in cities around the world during November 2012. Sign up now to attend or present at a DemoCamp in your area.
- New Issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter posted Oct 11, 2012
The third issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter is out! Read it online here.
- Eclipse DemoCamps: Time to Organize posted Oct 11, 2012
Sign up now to organize a DemoCamp in your area! For more information, see the November DemoCamp wiki page.
- New Issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter posted Sep 26, 2012
The second issue of the EclipseCon Europe Newsletter has been published. You can read it online here.
- EclipseCon Europe Early Registration Deadline is September 30 posted Sep 21, 2012
The early registeration deadline for EclipseCon Europe is September 30. Register today to qualify for the discounted price.
- EclipseCon 2013 Call for Paper Now Open posted Sep 21, 2012
EclipseCon 2013 is scheduled for March 25-28 in Boston, MA. The conference call for papers is now open. Everyone is invited to submit a speaking proposal.
- Plan to attend the Eclipse Finance Day in Zurich posted Sep 21, 2012
The Eclipse Finance Day will be held October 16, 2012 in Zurich Switzerland. The details agenda and registration information are now available.
- Register for the Eclipse Fall 2012 Training Series posted Aug 30, 2012
The Eclipse member companies are pleased to announce the Fall 2012 Training Series.
We are pleased to introduce two new courses, Eclipse4 RCP and Building OSGI/RCP with Maven/Tycho.
- Eclipse Webinars: Learning about M2M posted Aug 28, 2012
Machine-2-Machine (M2M) or the Internet of Things (IoT) is a technology area and industry that is growing very quickly, has a lot of great potential but I am not sure is understood very well by the software industry.
- Eclipse Juno Release Train Has Arrived posted Jun 27, 2012
As is the tradition for the end of June, the Eclipse community celebrates the release of the annual Eclipse release train, this year code-named Juno. This is the ninth year the community has shipped a release train, and each year the release gets bigger. Juno represents the work of 72 project teams by 445 open source committers on 55 million lines of code, and the participation of 40+ Eclipse member companies.
- La sortie simultanée Eclipse Juno est maintenant disponible posted Jun 27, 2012
Comme le veut la tradition de fin Juin, la communauté Eclipse célèbre la sortie simultanée d’Eclipse qui cette année se nomme Juno. Pour la 9ème année consécutive la communauté a mené à bon port cette version, toujours de plus en plus importante. Juno représente le travail de 72 équipes de projets impliquant 445 committers sur 55 millions de lignes de code, et la participation de plus de 40 organismes membres de la fondation Eclipse.
- Eclipse Juno DemoCamps posted Jul 02, 2012
This weeks' camps include Dresden on July 4 and Krakow on July 5.
- Eclipse Community Survey Results Now Available posted Jun 08, 2012
The results of the Eclipse Community Survey are now available. Thanks to everyone that participated.
- EclipseCon 2013 Is Coming to Boston posted Jun 07, 2012
Mark your calendar, EclipseCon 2013 will be held March 25-28, 2013 in Boston, MA.
- Eclipse M2M Industry Working Group Moves toward Open M2M Tools and Frameworks posted May 24, 2012
The Eclipse M2M Industry Working Group (IWG) was established in November 2011 as an industry collaboration with the purpose of creating an open platform of tools and frameworks to simplify the creation of M2M and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The goal of the group is to break down the silos that often occur between M2M applications and enable interoperability among different M2M devices, M2M servers, and enterprise applications.
- OSGi Community Event Co-locates with EclipseCon Europe posted May 17, 2012
We are pleased to announce the co-location of the OSGi Community Event 2012
with EclipseCon Europe 2012, October 23-25, in Ludwigsburg, Germany. This year's theme for the OSGi Community Event
is "Reducing Complexity with OSGi." EclipseCon Europe's themes are Eclipse Technology,
Building Industry Solutions, Community and Collaboration, and Other Cool Stuff.
Submissions are open, and sponsorships are available. Registrants are welcome to attend
sessions at both conferences.
- Eclipse Day Delft Call for Papers posted May 12, 2012
Eclipse Day Delft will be 27 September in Delft, The Netherlands. Proposals
should be emailed to the Eclipse Day Delft Organizers. See the
wiki page for details.
- Registration Now Open for Eclipse Day Toulouse posted May 09, 2012
Eclipse Day Toulouse is scheduled for May 24 in Toulouse, France. The conference features tracks on embedded
development, M2M and OSS business models. Registration is now open.
- EclipseCon Europe Call for Papers posted May 08, 2012
Submissions are open for EclipseCon Europe 2012. ECE is
October 23-25, 2012 in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
- ACM Recognizes Eclipse with Software System Award posted Apr 26, 2012
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) announced that Eclipse has been awarded the Software System Award.
- Sign Up for a Juno DemoCamp posted Apr 23, 2012
To mark the Juno Simultaneous Release, Eclipse community members are organizing DemoCamps around the world.
To sign up to organize one or attend one in your city, see the DemoCamp wiki. Camps are scheduled from June 1-30.
- Register for the Eclipse Spring 2012 Training Series posted Apr 13, 2012
The Eclipse member companies are pleased to announce the Spring 2012 Training Series. These training classes are an excellent opportunity for software developers and architects to learn more about Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP), Eclipse BIRT, Eclipse Equinox/OSGi and Modeling technologies.
- Slides Available from Eclipsecon Sessions posted Apr 05, 2012
Some speakers have already posted slides from their session at Eclipsecon 2012. The sessions list will be updated as speakers upload their slides.
- Eclipse Board Election Results posted Apr 04, 2012
We are pleased to announce the results of the 2012 Eclipse Foundation Board elections.
- Eclipse Community Award Winners Announced posted Mar 27, 2012
The Eclipse Foundation congratulates the winners of the annual Eclipse Community Awards, which recognize the top individuals, projects and technologies in the ecosystem. Recipients were honored at an awards ceremony March 26 on the opening day of EclipseCon 2012.
- Welcome to EclipseCon and Agile ALM Connect posted Mar 26, 2012
EclipseCon, Agile ALM Connect, and OSGi DevCon are off to a great start! After a busy day of tutorials, the Happy Hour from 5 to 6pm is a great way to relax and see the exhibits.
- Finalists for the Eclipse Community Awards 2012 posted Mar 01, 2012
The Eclipse Foundation congratulates the finalists for the 2012 Eclipse Community Awards. Winners for each category will be announced on March 26, 2012 during the Awards Ceremony at EclipseCon 2012.
- Eclipse Foundation Member Companies Showcase Business Solutions in the Open Source Park at CeBIT 2012 posted Feb 29, 2012
The Eclipse Foundation announced today that it will be at CeBIT 2012 in Hannover, Germany, with six co-operating Eclipse ecosystem members and a redesigned Eclipse Theme Island. In its 3rd year at CeBIT, the Eclipse Foundation Island provides a unique opportunity to learn about Eclipse open source software and the businesses, institutions and individual developers that make up the community.
- Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors Election Now Open posted Feb 27, 2012
Voting for the Eclipse Foundation’s 2012 Board of Directors is now open.
- Eclipse Indigo SR2 is Now Available for Download posted Feb 24, 2012
The Eclipse Indigo Service Release 2 (SR2) is now available for download. Get the latest updates and fixes
for the different Eclipse projects participating in the release train.
- Countdown to EclipseCon 2012 and Agile ALM Connect posted Feb 22, 2012
EclipseCon and Agile ALM Connect is less than 5 weeks away. We want to count down the weeks by giving away All
Access passes to four lucky individuals. Enter early for more opportunities to win.
- New Product Showcase Announced for EclipseCon 2012 posted Feb 17, 2012
The second New Product Showcase will be held March 28 at EclipseCon 2012. Individuals and organizations have
an opportunity to demonstate their new Eclipse-based products to the conference attendees. Advanced sign-up is required.
- Program Announced for the OMG/Eclipse Workshop posted Jan 26, 2012
The Eclipse Foundation and OMG are pleased to announce the program
for the third Eclipse/OMG Workshop on open specifications and open source software. The Workshop will occur on Sunday, March 25 in Reston,
Virginia at the same location as EclipseCon 2012.
- EclipseCon 2012 Gold Sponsors Announced posted Jan 26, 2012
The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce the Gold sponsors for the upcoming EclipseCon 2012 conference in Reston, Virginia on March 26-29, 2012. Actuate, IBM, Oracle, Red Hat and SAP have all agreed to be the premier sponsors of the annual Eclipse community event.
- Last Week of Nominations for The Eclipse Community Awards 2012 posted Jan 19, 2012
The nomination deadline for the Eclipse Community Awards is January 27, 2012. Don't forget to nominate the individuals
or products that were the best in 2011. Winners will be announce at EclipseCon 2012.
- Eclipse.org Site Authentication Changes posted Dec 19, 2011
On Thursday, December 22, 2011, the Eclipse Foundation will be changing the mechanisms it uses to authenticate
user access to its various websites, such as Bugzilla, the Forums, and the Wiki. The purpose of this change is to simplify our
account management, reduce duplicate accounts and move towards open standards for user authentication.
- EclipseCon 2012 Keynotes, Technical Program, and Tutorials Announced posted Dec 15, 2011
The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce the technical program and tutorials for the upcoming EclipseCon
2012 conference. The annual Eclipse community conference is being held March 26-29, 2012 at a new location in Reston, Virginia. The
conference will be co-located with the new Agile ALM Connect conference and the annual OSGi DevCon.
- Program and Speakers Announced for the New Agile ALM Connect Conference posted Dec 14, 2011
The speakers and program have been announced for the new Agile ALM Connect conferece, co-located with EclipseCon 2012.
Aglle ALM Connect focuses on connecting the tools, agile methods and people across the software development lifecycle.
- Hudson Book Now Available posted Nov 07, 2011
We are very excited to announce the publication of this fantastic new book on Hudson available from the
Hudson web site. It provides
a comprehensive guide to using Hudson from initial download to production deployment.
- Eclipse Celebrates 10 Years of Innovation posted Nov 02, 2011
In the month of November, the Eclipse community is celebrating 10 years since the start of the Eclipse open source project. In November 2001, the Eclipse IDE and platform were first made available under an open source software license. IBM made the initial $40 million contribution of technology to start the Eclipse project that has now grown to technology commons with an estimated value of over $800 million. The Eclipse community has also emerged as the leading place for individuals and organizations to collaborate on innovative technology development.
- Polarsys: A New Industry Collaboration to Build Open Source Tools for Safety-Critical Software Development posted Nov 02, 2011
A new open source industry collaboration, called Polarsys, is being created at the Eclipse Foundation to focus on building and maintaining tools for safety critical and embedded system development. Interested parties in Polarsys include Airbus, Astrium Satellites, ATOS, CEA, CS (Communication & Systèmes), Ericsson, IRIT (Institut de recherche en informatique de Toulouse), Inria, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Obeo, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Tecnalia, Thales, and Xipp. Polarsys will operate as a Eclipse Industry Working Group and be open to any organization interested in participating in the goals of the group.
- Industry leaders join to provide open source tools and protocols to simplify development of M2M solutions posted Nov 01, 2011
Sierra Wireless, IBM, Eurotech, and the Eclipse Foundation establish an M2M Industry Working Group to ease the development, testing, and deployment of machine-to-machine solutions
- 10th Birthday DemoCamps Start Next Week posted Oct 31, 2011
Upcoming events: 7 November in Raleigh, USA and Bonn, Germany; 8 November in
Dresden, Germany and Warsaw, Poland; 10 November in Trondheim, Norway; and 12 November in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
- New Agile ALM Connect Conference Connects Tools, Methodologies and People posted Oct 20, 2011
The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce a new technical conference focused on connecting the latest
software development tools, Agile methods and people across the entire application lifecycle. This new conference, called
Agile ALM Connect, will be held March 26-29 in Reston, VA and will be co-located with EclipseCon 2012.
- Celebrating 10 Years of Eclipse posted Oct 13, 2011
In November the Eclipse community will be celebrating 10 years of Eclipse as an open source project. Check out the
10th birthday page for celebration details.
- Eclipse Day Paris posted Oct 09, 2011
Eclipse Day Paris is a full day of talks, discussions, and networking
for technological and industrial members of the Eclipse ecosystem (November 8, Le Pavillon Royal);
- Eclipse Announces Full Support for Java 7 posted Sep 29, 2011
The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce the recent Eclipse Indigo SR1 release includes full production level support for Java 7, the recent major release
of the Java SDK. Developers can now use Eclipse JDT to develop Java applications that take advantage of the new Java 7 features.
- Register for the Eclipse Fall 2011 Training Series posted Sep 14, 2011
The Eclipse Foundation and Eclipse member companies are pleased to announce the Fall 2011 Training Series. These training classes are an excellent opportunity
for software developers and architects to learn more about Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP), Eclipse BIRT, Eclipse Equinox/OSGi and Modeling technologies.
- EclipseCon 2012 Call for Papers Now Open posted Sep 13, 2011
EclipseCon 2012 call for papers is now open. We invite you to submit proposals for speaking topics. The deadline for submissions is November 11, 2011. EclipseCon 2012 will be held March 26-29 at a new location in Reston, Virginia (close to Washington DC).
- EclipseCon Europe to Celebrate 10 Years of Eclipse posted Sep 12, 2011
The EclipseCon Europe technical program is now available. Register now and plan to celebrate the 10th birthday of Eclipse at EclipseCon Europe.
- Eclipse Testing Day posted Aug 11, 2011
Registration is open for Eclipse Testing Day, 7 September in Neuss, Germany. This
day-long event features eight talks from experts in testing processes, tools, and technology, as well as
opportunities to see the latest offerings from Testing Day sponsors.
- New Java 7 Summit To Be Held at EclipseCon Europe posted Jul 21, 2011
The Eclipse Foundation, in collaboration with Oracle, is pleased to announce the Java 7 Summit, to be held at the upcoming EclipseCon
Europe in Ludwigsburg, Germany on November 2-4, 2011.
- New Open Source Initiative for Automotive Software Development Tools posted Jul 20, 2011
The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce the creation of a new open source initiative to define and implement a standard platform for the software
development tools used in the automotive industry. [German]
- New Location Announced for EclipseCon 2012 posted Jul 18, 2011
We are pleased to announce that EclipseCon 2012 is moving to a new location just
outside Washington, D.C. The annual Eclipse North American conference will be March 26-29 at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, Virginia.
- Reminder: EclipseCon Europe Call for Papers posted Jul 11, 2011
Remember to send in your ECE submissions! The deadline is five weeks away on August 17. If you submit soon, you could be an early-bird winner. The
program committee will choose five talks for early acceptance from those submitted by August 3.
- Eclipse Indigo Release Train Is Now Available posted Jun 22, 2011
The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of Indigo, the 2011 annual release train. Indigo is available for immediate download.
- Final week for Indigo DemoCamps: Vancouver, Bucharest, Grenoble, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Berlin, Nantes, Pécs posted Jun 20, 2011
There's still time to attend a camp! Vancouver on June 27; Bucharest, Grenoble, Hamburg, and Amsterdam on
June 28; Berlin on June 29; Nantes, Pécs on June 30. The final Indigo DemoCamp will be in Athlone, Ireland on July 7.
- More DemoCamps: Munich, San Jose, Braunschweig, Darmstadt, Dresden, Jena, Toulouse, Budapest, Pune posted Jun 14, 2011
The week of June 20 is a busy one for DemoCamps! Sign up now for Munich and San Jose (June 20);
Braunschweig, Darmstadt, and Dresden on June 21; Jena on June 22; Toulouse on June 23; Budapest and Pune on June 24.
- Results of the Eclipse Community Survey 2011 posted Jun 10, 2011
The results of the annual Eclipse Community Survey are now available.
- Indigo DemoCamps: Bonn, Toronto, Atlanta, Vienna, Munich, San Jose posted Jun 07, 2011
There are lots of DemoCamps happening soon: Bonn and Toronto on June 14;
Atlanta on June 16; Vienna on June 17; Munich and San Jose on June 20. Sign up now!